Chapter 20

"The Holy Lyre! You guys managed to retrieve it!" Venti exclaimed as you handed him the item.

"What do you think, Venti? Can you summon Dvalin?" Jean asked while she inspected the Holy Lyre.

"Although this lyre is the real thing, I doubt that it's going to work. The lyre has been through a thousand years of history. Its Anemo powers have run dry. In this condition, you couldn't even play any music fit for Diluc's tavern." Venti explained.

"Bards fight to get on the stage of my tavern. Don't make assumptions!" Diluc retaliated while crossing his arms.

"Is that really important right now, Master Diluc?!" Paimon asked, placing her hands on her hips.

"Well, since this is Diluc's tavern we are talking about. Let's not forget this is also his business, then yes, it's important." you commented.

"(Y/N)! You're supposed to side with Paimon! Not him!" Paimon cried out as she pointed an accusing finger at Diluc. You grinned at Paimon and shrugged your shoulders.

"Anyways, we won't be able to call Dvalin with it. It's not broken, but the strings.. it's just that the intensity of its Anemo power has greatly diminished. (Y/N), Aether, do you still have Dvalin's Teardrop Crystal with you? Try to use it on the Holy Lyre." Venti exclaimed.

You nudged Aether while he nodded in reply as you all watched him put the crystal in the lyre. You saw the lyre begin to glow and started to repair itself.

"It worked as expected! It'd be great if we could get more tears to replenish its power." Venti said as he gave Aether a thumbs up.

"We'll help." Aether exclaimed as he gestured towards you, Paimon and himself. 'I don't really plan on helping but... it's better than roaming around the city.' you thought while nodding in agreement, giving Venti a small grin.

----------

"Venti, please keep your hands away from my ears." you exclaimed as you dodged Venti's hands aiming at the top of your head.

You and your group began to head towards Starsnatch Cliff to summon Dvalin. The Holy Lyre finally fixed and replenished with its power after you and your companions placed the crystals, now purified thanks to you absorbing the impurities, inside it.

"Aw, come on (Y/N)! I bet you have a tail as well!" Venti replied as he looked at your tailcoat and held the end of it.

"I would suggest that you let go of me or today will be the last day you have hands." you threatened, giving Venti a large grin but he ignored it.

"Just a small peek!" Venti said but quickly flinched when he felt two pairs of eyes glaring at the back of his skull, belonging to a certain blonde and red head.

"That's enough, Venti. You don't want to make (Y/N) even more annoyed." Jean stated, pulling Venti away from you to stop the murderous stares your other companions was giving him.

"Aw, alright then. I'll just have to find out for myself some other time." Venti exclaimed as all of you reached your destination.

"We're here!" Paimon cheered as you looked at the view from the cliff, noticing Diluc standing to your right while Aether stood to your left.

"Alright everyone, stay back." Venti stated as you watched him walk towards the edge of the cliff and began to play the lyre.

You felt the ground below you started to shake as a large wind current blew at you and your companions. You saw Dvalin appear before Venti and watched as the two communicate to each other.

'My, I have never seen a dragon up close nor even hear it speak!' you thought to yourself as you grinned and watched the scene in front with fascination.