Chapter 18

You and Diluc walked outside the city, heading towards the location where the Holy Lyre was taken.

You stopped in your tracks when you noticed Diluc turned to face you. "Something the matter, darling?" you asked, tilting your head to the side.

"I have a hunch that the Fatui already knows who you are, appearance and all. We need to get you a disguise to hide your demonic features." Diluc stated.

"I see.. not to worry, darling! This is merely a simple problem with a simple solution!" you replied as you snapped your fingers. Diluc saw green flames appear below your feet and consumed your figure, making him surprised and worried.

As the green flames disappear, you appeared before Diluc in your human form. A white dress shirt with a red vest, black slacks and expensive dress shoes. You adjusted the black bowtie of your outfit as you looked at Diluc through the oval rimmed glasses adorning your face.

"Whoa.." Diluc muttered to himself, not noticing he was staring at your new appearance for too long.

"I am assuming you like it?" you teased with a grin, the static in your voice gone and your teeth isn't sharp anymore.

Diluc cleared his throat and looked away from you, hiding his flustered face from your sight. "It's good.. here, maybe you should wear this instead of your glasses. It's to protect your identity from the Fatui. They are scattered across the nations and could easily recognize you if you don't wear it " Diluc exclaimed as he handed you a domino mask.

"I suppose you're right." you replied. You removed your glasses and tucked them away in your breast pocket as you took the mask and placed it on. You noticed Diluc wore another mask on himself as he looked back at you.

You both nodded and began to head inside the hideout. "Unfortunately.. they're still one of Mondstadt's allies. At least, that's the facade we're maintaining. Our actions are going to get them stirred up. Better to not implicate yourself on a personal level. And no, you can't kill them. Subduing them or knocking them unconscious is alright but don't kill them." Diluc stated as he looked towards you.

"I can't promise that but I'll do my best not to kill them!" you exclaimed with a laugh as you placed your arms behind your back.

----------

You and Diluc went up the stairs and came across a fatui guard. You approached the guard from behind and tapped his shoulder.

"Hello!" you greeted and quickly dodged to the side when the guard swung his sword at you.

"No! Don't eat me! Huh? You're.. you're both human?" the guard asked as he looked at you and Diluc. 'Well, close enough.' you thought as you summoned your staff and grinned at the guard.

"My, what happened here that gave you the heebie-jeebies?" you asked, noticing the guard shaking like a leaf.

"The entire floor's defenses have been broken! I thought it was the Abyss Order attacking.." the guard explained.

"I see. Anyways!" you exclaimed, your staff changing to a knife as you pointed it at the guard's chest.

"Now, we're here for the Holy Lyre der Himmel. I suggest you give us the information we need or I will eat you." you stated as your grin widened. The guard yelped in fear when he felt the murderous aura emitting from you.

"T-the place it's being kept in is locked up tight. If you're after the key, keep going further into the ruins but d-don't come after me! I don't know which one of the guards has it, but I'm sure y-you can find the guards and find out for yourselves." the guard stammered.

"Maybe you can remove the knife away from him. He looks like he's about to faint in any moment." Diluc stated. You pulled the knife away from the guard and watched in satisfaction as he continued to shake in fear.

"One of the Harbingers is already in Mondstadt. Signora. When she gets her hands on you she's going to string you up and torture you. When that time comes, don't you dare say a word about me." the guard informed as he went to the other direction and ran away.

"Signora?" you questioned as you and Diluc walked further. "No. 8 of the Eleven Harbingers. Goes by the name Signora. We need to act quickly before she gets wind of what's going on." Diluc explained as the two of you ended up in a large area with numerous rooms filled with a fatui guard.

"You investigate the half over there. I'll take the other half from here." Diluc stated as you entered one of the rooms and saw another fatui guard.

"Hello, good sir! By any chance, do you happen to know where I can find a key?" you asked as you noticed the room closed itself, trapping you inside with a horde of fatui agents.

"Oh my, seems like I'm in a bit of a pickle here." you exclaimed with a chuckle as the enemies began to surround you.

"I've never fought against multiple people at once in another world before. Let's enjoy this dance!" you announced as you summoned your staff and began to fight.

--meanwhile at the tavern--

Aether let out another sigh as he stared at the drink in his hand. "What's gotten you so down, Aether?" Venti asked as he chugged down another bottle of wine.

"I'm just.. worried about (Y/N). What if she gets hurt?" Aether exclaimed as he held his head in frustration.

"Aw, there's no need to worry over (Y/N)! Master Diluc is with her!" Venti reassured, making Aether give him a look.

"That's the problem! She's with him! I don't trust him with (Y/N) alone! It should be me!" Aether replied in annoyance.

Venti sweat dropped and patted Aether on the back. "They'll both be back soon. I'm pretty sure (Y/N) is fine on her own. She may be a demon but she's really a nice and kind person, maybe even an angel." Venti stated.

--back to you--

You let out a fit of laughter as you held down the fatui guard and repeatedly stabbed him with the knife.

"26.."

stab

"27.."

stab

"28.."

"No more.. please.." the guard pleaded, a pool of blood forming beneath his body.

"Oh? I suppose I'll stop it here. Good news for you, my friend. I am ordered not to kill anyone, even people such as yourself." you giggled as you stood up and walked a few steps away from the guard.

You looked around the room to see the other fatui guards passed out after knocking them unconscious. You heard the guard let out a shaky breath and turned your attention towards him.

"My client told me not to kill anyone intentionally.. but he didn't say that I can kill someone on accident.." you said out loud as you looked at the guard then to your knife in hand.

You let out a dark chuckle as you turned your back towards the guard and threw the knife behind you. You heard the guard let out a cry of agony as you happily looked at him and noticed he went limp, the knife right in the center of his chest.

"Dear me! I'm such a klutz today! Mother always told me to be careful with knives! Ahaha!" you exclaimed with a laugh as you neared the guard and tried to search for the key.

"Shame. No key on you." you stated as you noticed a broken mirror in the corner and took a look at yourself. You were covered in blood from head to toe, a crazed grin plastered on your face as you noticed your shadow grinning beside you.

"Maybe I can eat him.. Diluc said not to kill anyone. He didn't say I can't eat them. Besides, this guard is already dead." you told yourself as you removed your mask and turned back to your demon form.

Your mouth watered at the scent of blood as you hungrily looked at the corpse.

"As long as Diluc doesn't see the evidence, he won't pry about it nor question it." you muttered as you pulled the sleeves of the guard's outfit and began to devour him.