Chapter 55

"If such an ancient god were to be unleashed upon Liyue Harbor, all defenseless without its deity. Do you think the cunning Rex Lapis would just stand aloof and watch the ensuing destruction?" Childe asked.

You recalled about the deal you and Zhongli have created. You stared at Childe and tried to hold back a laugh.

"Maybe." you replied with a grin.

You watched as multiple Sigils of Permission started to surround Childe. You were a bit surprised when Childe moved closer towards you.

"I'd love to stay and chat more with you, little red. But I have a god to reawaken!" Childe exclaimed with a chuckle as he held your chin and gave you a peck on your lips before disappearing and leaving the Golden House.

You were about to follow after him when you felt your legs wobble as you fell on your knees and to the floor. You noticed your shadow looked at you in worry as it looked you over for any critical wounds. You felt your chest becoming a bit heavy as your breathing became ragged.

"Oh my.. I think I used up a lot of my energy back there." you panted out as you looked at your body and noticed the curse has spread throughout your chest and towards your legs.

Ignoring the growing pain of the curse, you felt your stomach grumble as you groaned in annoyance. Your shadow gently patted your back as it slowly helped you stand up.

"What's worse is that my hunger is getting worse. Dear goodness, I'm famished! I need some deer or human flesh to feast!" you exclaimed. You used your staff as support as you quickly made your way outside the Golden House.

Once you made your way outside, you noticed the weather had changed and a large creature surfacing out of the sea. You grinned as you sensed another entertainment for you to see. Now you just need a good view by getting the front seats.

You saw something flew past above you as you looked up and saw the Jade Chamber heading towards the sea. You were about to teleport yourself towards the chamber when you felt the barrel of a gun being pointed at your head.

"End of the line, demon."

You turned to see a group of fatui soldiers circling around you. You noticed the colors of their uniforms are different from each others, making a guess that each color represents the element they use.

"Oh dear, am I in danger?" you asked with a giggle as you watched the fatui soldiers ready their weapons at you.

Your staff started to glare at the fatui while your shadow was ready to take you away from them if they ever started to attack. Your shadow turned to look at you, awaiting your orders. Your stomach let out another loud grumble as the gun wielding fatui continued to press the barrel of his gun at your head.

"You're not from Liyue, right? Meaning you're not one of the geo archon's people. And I'm feeling very very hungry." you stated as you stared at the fatui with a grin.

A red cross symbol appearing on your forehead as the air surrounding you began to turn static. The eye on your staff looked at you in worry as it watched the curse continue to spread through your body, covering your entire chest with the geo element.

You snapped your fingers as multiple black tendrils appeared on the ground. The fatui soldiers let out a yelp as they jumped back before the tendrils can grab them. You let out a menacing laugh as your eyes turned into radio dials.

"Run~" you stated as you watched the fatui soldiers dodge the black tendrils and ran away from you. You let out a small giggle as you followed after them, ready to kill and eat them.

"W̸e̶ ̴h̸a̶v̶e̸ ̴o̴u̷r̴s̸e̴l̶v̶e̴s̸ ̶a̶ ̶h̸u̶n̴t̸!̴" you called out as you chased after the fatui men. Ignoring the growing pain in your body as you summoned more black tendrils and grabbed the fatui soldiers by their neck.