Chapter 35

"So what's the plan?" you asked as you, Paimon and Aether gathered around a small cauldron to discuss about the dishes you'll be cooking for the adepti.

"We'll be cooking some Jewelry Soup, Matsutake Meat Rolls and some Mora Meat. Luckily the people that used to be here left some notes that can help us make the dishes." Aether exclaimed as he handed you some notes.

You took the notes and skimmed through it, noting the messy handwriting but quickly understanding the processes to create the dishes.

"I think we can work this out. Shall we start cooking then?" you asked, removing your tailcoat and handing it over to Paimon.

"Y-yeah.." Aether muttered out while staring at you, his face turning red as he looked over your figure and noticed the curves on your body. He also noticed your tail slightly wagging. Both he and Paimon watched you roll up the sleeves of your red dress shirt until it reached your elbows.

They saw the geo curse on your arm and noticed it already made it past your elbows, thinking to themselves that it may have already reached your shoulder. The golden intricate lines of the curse glowed faintly on your arm.

"Take a picture. I'm sure it will last more longer than just staring at me." you stated with a chuckle, placing a hand on your hip as you looked at Aether and Paimon with a raised brow while giving them a large grin.

"Paimon is sure that Aether would like that. Don't you, Aether?" Paimon exclaimed as she turned her head towards Aether and gave him a sly grin while wiggling her eyebrows. Aether's face turned cherry red as he coughed and turned around to hide his blushing self.

"Let's just start cooking so we can find Cloud Retainer." Aether announced, preparing the ingredients the two of you will use.

----------

"Oohh! You guys did great! Paimon can already tell it's good just by looking at it!" Paimon exclaimed, her eyes lighting up while drool began to come out of her mouth as she stared at the cooked meals.

"Ah ah ah, my dear. We're here to offer these dishes, not eat them." you stated, holding Paimon by the back of her clothes as you pulled her away from the meals you and Aether cooked.

"Let's go and offer these now." Aether said as he grabbed two of the dishes while you grabbed the other one, watching Paimon closely to make sure she doesn't try to take a bite of the food.

Once the dishes have been offered and placed at the table, you and your group saw a domain open before you. You shared a glance with Aether and nodded, taking your tailcoat from Paimon's grasp and quickly placed it on as you and your companions entered the domain.

You looked around your surroundings and noticed you were in a different realm of sorts. "Woah.." Paimon muttered as she stared at the place in wonder.

"One senses the presence of a Sigil of Permission. One knows not why you have come, though the sincerity of your offering is clear.. Hence, you shall be granted an opportunity. Find your way through mine abode and you shall receive an audience with the adeptus whom you seek." A female voice spoke out.

"Does she know that one of the people who made the offering is a demon..?" Paimon whispered between you and Aether.

"We're not sure, dear. But I don't mind introducing myself to her once we see her! Off we go!" you replied as you shrugged your shoulders and began to walk deeper in Cloud Retainer's abode.

Aether defeated the enemies that your group encountered as you solved the puzzles to get across the other platforms with Paimon beside you.

"Hurry up (Y/N)! Aether is getting tired!" Paimon yelled out towards your ear, making you flinch at the sudden loud noise and cover your ear.

"Calm down, darling. Don't yell at my ears as well, they're sensitive." you calmly replied as you pressed the switch and watched as a new path appeared before you.

"Alright, there we go!" you cheered in delight as Aether went up to you and Paimon, wiping away the sweat from his forehead.

"Ladies first." Aether exclaimed with a small grin, giving you a bow and gesturing you towards the path.

"My, such a gentleman. Come now, Paimon." you replied as you walked across the pathway leading to another platform with Paimon beside you, Aether following you two from behind.

"Eugh, you guys are being so lovey dovey lately. Just kiss already, dang it!" Paimon stated as she flew on ahead. You laughed off your floating companion's comment, unaware of a certain blonde becoming flustered.

"One is surprised that a demon is accompanying mere mortals yet.. one can sense the curse laid upon them. Still, one is impressed, the path that leads through this abode defies those of ordinary abilities." the female voice spoke out once more.

You and your companions saw a white crane descent before you. 'Ah, so she knows what I am.' you thought to yourself as you smiled at the crane.

"The one before you is the adeptus, Cloud Retainer. Now, speak of the matter which brings you here." the crane, Cloud Retainer, exclaimed.

"I would like to ask something. Did you build this place yourself? I must say, it's fascinating! The mechanisms and the scenery.. it's truly marvelous!" you complimented, gesturing towards your surroundings as you grinned at Cloud Retainer.

"You surmise correctly, demon. This place did oneself build, as did one design the mechanisms within. In fact, even Guizhong and Rex Lapis themselves found one's technological accomplishments to be worthy of commendation." Cloud Retainer exclaimed with pride, quite satisfied of your praises.

"But enough! State the matter which brings you here, at once! You have disturbed the tranquility of this place for long enough!" Cloud Retainer stated looking between you and Aether. You watched as Aether began to inform Cloud Retainer about the recent events, deciding to ignore them as you continued to stare at your surroundings in fascination.

You lightly jumped in surprise when you heard Cloud Retainer shout in anger, making you turn your head back to look at her with a confused expression.

"..Perhaps one shall quash Liyue first, then convene with the other adepti-" Cloud Retainer muttered but was suddenly cut off.

"Excuse me!?/ That's a great idea!" Both you and Aether exclaimed simultaneously, making the blonde stare at you with shock.

"(Y/N)!" Aether scolded while you shrugged in response and gave him a large grin.

"I thought it would be a good idea." you explained with a small laugh.