Chapter 52

"So this is the Golden House?.. it's so full of Mora!" Paimon exclaimed as she looked around the room in surprise.

"No one will notice if Paimon takes a few mora, right?" Paimon asked as she reached out her hands towards the pile of mora. You grabbed Paimon by the back of her clothes and pulled her back from her mischievous plan.

"No, dear. You wouldn't want to find yourself in jail now would you? They don't give three meals a day for a naughty prisoner." you stated with a grin as Paimon's jaw dropped from your statement.

"What?! And it's not going to be (Y/N)'s delicious cookings?! Paimon won't take any mora!" Paimon quickly exclaimed as she floated beside you and glared at the mora. You looked around the room and noticed a few Millelith guards lying unconscious on the floor.

'So vulnerable and easy to kill.. just one slice right at the jugular vein and they're prepared to be served as a meal..' you thought as you felt your hunger begin to worsen.

You let out a small groan as you felt yourself becoming more hungry. Aether turned to face you and gave you a reassuring smile.

"It's alright (Y/N), we'll find out who did this. We need to go and check if the Exuvia is alright first." Aether stated as he gently rubbed your back and looked around the room. You gave Aether a grin in return as you followed him and Paimon towards the Exuvia.

"Sometimes, you remind me of a certain Princess of Hell.." you muttered as you watched Aether examine the Exuvia. You felt a presence nearby as you continued to watch over Aether and Paimon, making sure this new presence isn't here to cause any problems.

"You've already fulfilled your task as guides, so why do you still linger here? Haven't you already seen enough trouble for today?" A voice stated.

"Who's there?" Paimon called out as Aether pulled you behind him. A figure climbed up the stairwell and you saw the familiar face of a certain ginger haired fatui.

"If you were Fatui, I imagine that you would be entitled to a generous reward from the Tsaritsa herself. But now, you're nothing but dross. And you're in my way." Childe stated as glanced in your way and a smirk appeared on his lips.

"Looks like we just came here in time." Aether replied glancing at you briefly before turning his head to glare at Childe.

"So you've been planning to take the Gnosis from inside the Exuvia all along?!" Paimon questioned.

"As one of the Eleven Fatui Harbingers, it's my duty to see the will of the Tsaritsa fulfilled. She will get that which she desires." Childe exclaimed.

"Tell that 'sorry sauce' or whatever you call your master, that she is nothing but a spoiled brat. Letting others do what she wants. If she desires something, she should go and do it herself, darling." you stated with a large grin.

"For a demon who's been cursed by an archon, I think you shouldn't be saying things like that with your current situation. Besides, the Tsaritsa might easily finish you off and I don't want that to happen yet. I still want to spend time and have my fun with you, little red." Childe replied as he turned to look at you.

"Ha! If you want my attention so badly, you should be worth my time and entertainment. I don't stick around to those who bring me nothing but boredom." you said with a large grin as you stared at the ginger fatui, your eyes glinting a bright red.

"Entertainment? I'm sure I can bring you the best entertainment you desire. You already intrigue me the first I laid my eyes on you, little red. I want you, and I always get what I want." Childe exclaimed with a small chuckle, his eyes clouded with a lustful and dangerous glint.

"Not if I have anything to say about it." Aether stated, giving the ginger a harsh glare as he stood in front of you with his arms crossed.

"Ha! I'm not asking for your blessing or approval. There's nothing you can do to stop me anyway." Childe replied, glaring back at your blonde companion with a smirk on his face.

"Either way, we now come to my favorite part. A simple pleasure, one that I am oh-so-delighted to be sharing with you two.." Childe trailed off, you and Aether glanced at each other with a confusing look as you both turned back to the ginger.

"The battle." Childe stated.

"Battle? So you're the type that goes looking for trouble, huh?" Paimon asked, hiding behind your shoulder in case anything happens.

"You could say that. When Signora offended the deities outside the Cathedral in Mondstadt, she swiftly left the scene once her mission was accomplished. But she did have a little accident with a certain demon." Childe exclaimed, glancing in your direction.

"Instead of confronting you directly and finishing you off, she chose to rely on the snow and ice to make her escape. But she did leave a large scar for little red. It's amazing that you survived it, and here I was afraid that you're already dead from one critical blow. I didn't even get to know more about you yet, let alone ask you out on a date. But here you are, standing before me, except with a curse laid upon you by the geo archon this time. But you're still breathing, that's good enough for me." the ginger informed while letting out a small chuckle, your eyes darkened at the mention of the female harbinger.

"But as for me, the greatest pleasure of being a Harbinger lies in crossing blades with strong opponents." Childe informed, making you chuckle.

"We won't let what happened in Mondstadt ever happen again!" Paimon stated, Aether nodding in agreement.

"Oh? So you intend to fight me? Good. I won't kill either of you. I'll just play along, to feel the thrill of battle!" Childe said.

Aether took out his blade as he took a stance, his other arm outstretched in front of you to shield you from the ginger haired male.

"Isn't it a bit unfair that I'm fighting the both of you at the same time? It's a 2-on-1 battle and that gives me a big disadvantage. How about this.. I'll be fighting little red and Aether can watch in the sidelines?" Childe suggested, making Aether let out a growl.

"Like hell I'd let you fight her!" Aether replied as you looked at the blonde then towards the ginger.

"Fair enough! This fight is only between the harbinger and I. Paimon, Aether, you two butt out of this." you stated with a grin, making your companions look at you in shock.

"What?! We're not leaving you with this battle hungry maniac!" Aether replied, looking at you and pleading for you to change your mind.

"Sorry, darling. I'm itching for a good entertainment and I'm not going to let it slip! I don't want either of you to see this side of me so the two of you must go." you simply stated with a giggle as you took a step back from your companions and snapped your fingers.

"Land safe! I'm sure you can use your glider darling! I'll meet up with the two of you once I'm done here! Ta ta!" you watched as Aether and Paimon fell inside the portal.

"Wait! (Y/N)!" Aether called out as he reached out his hand towards you but the portal quickly disappeared, leaving you and the fatui harbinger inside the Golden House.

"Are you even supposed to be using your abilities with a curse on you? Won't that take a toll on your body and make it difficult for you to fight me?" Childe asked curiously as you let out a laugh.

"Don't underestimate me, darling. I'm not just a simple demon.." you trailed off, slowly turning to look at Childe.

"I'm a powerful overlord." you finished as you looked at the ginger haired male with glowing bright red eyes and a sharp wicked grin.