Chapter 3

"Aether, darling are you sure you don't need my assistance?" you asked as you leaned against a boulder while placing your staff on your arm.

"I'll be fine, (Y/N). Just stay back, I don't want you getting hurt." Aether replied as he attacked another slime.

"Wah! There's more of them!" Paimon said as she flew towards you and hid under your arm. The three of you were currently surrounded by these large blob creatures, Aether explained to you that they are called slimes. You were about to finish them quickly but Aether stood in front of you and attacked the so called slimes first.

You watched in amusement at the scene in front of you and noticed Aether getting tired from the fight. "(Y/N) do something!" Paimon exclaimed as she grabbed a hold of your arm and shook it.

You let out a small chuckle and turned towards your tiny companion. "I'm assuming they must be quite hungry. Maybe if we offer you as the food, they would leave us alone?" you suggested.

"PAIMON IS NOT FOOD!! DON'T GIVE PAIMON AS FOOD!!!!" Paimon stated with a pout forming on her face.

"I'm kidding, Paimon. Calm down." you reassured as you checked on Aether and noticed more slimes began to surround him. You began to walk towards Aether, staff in hand as you spun it around your fingers.

"(Y/N), stay back!" Aether exclaimed in worry as he pushed back a slime using his anemo abilities. You only grinned in response and snapped your fingers.

A portal appeared on the ground a few feet away from you and black tendrils came out of it. The tendrils grabbed the slimes and pulled them into the portal. The portal disappeared and you turned to your companions only to see them with a shocked expression.

"Cat got your tongue?" you joked as you summoned a water bottle and handed it to Aether. "Your swordsmanship was great." you praised as Aether's cheeks dusted a shade of pink while accepting the water bottle you gave him.

"T-thanks." Aether internally kicked himself for stuttering and drank the water.

"So, shall we continue our way to Mondstadt?" you asked while making your staff disappear as your companions nodded in reply.

"Hey you! Stop right there!"

You all heard a voice exclaimed as you see a girl with brown hair leaped from a small cliff and landed in front of you.

"May the Anemo God protect you, strangers! I am Amber, Outrider for the Knights of Favonius." Amber introduced as she looked at your group while you gave her a grin, your sharp teeth showing.

"You don't look like citizens of Mondstadt. Explain yourselves!" Amber added and crossed her arms.

"Oh, we're not looking for any trouble." Aether tried to explain. "That's what all the troublemakers say." Amber replied.

"Hello there! My name is (Y/N) and this gentleman beside me is Aether!" you introduced with a large grin as you interlocked your arm with Aether's, making said boy surprised and flustered.

"Doesn't sound like a local name to me. You already look suspicious with those sharp teeth and claws of yours." Amber stated. Your ears twitched up as you watched the brunette look you up and down before looking at your floating companion.

"And this.. mascot, what's the deal with it?" Amber asked as she pointed at Paimon.

"She's our emergency food." Aether answered to which you covered your mouth with your hand and tried to hold in your laughter.

"Hey! That's even worse than being a mascot!" Paimon exclaimed while stomping mid-air.

"This little darling here is Paimon." you informed Amber as you patted Paimon's head to calm her down.

"See! At least (Y/N) has manners! Paimon likes (Y/N) more than Aether!" Paimon said.

"Hmm.. just by your names and outfits, I'm guessing you three must be travelers." Amber stated. "Well look, there's been a large dragon sighted around Mondstadt recently. Best you guys get inside the city as soon as possible. It's not far from here. I'll escort you there. Besides.. I'm still not sure if I can trust you three just yet!" Amber added.

"That's a rather rude way to speak to guests." you replied with a chuckle, the static in your voice becoming heavy. "Well, your appearance itself just gives off a bad vibe." Amber reasoned.

"We've been traveling with (Y/N) the entire time since we met. I can assure you, she didn't do anything wrong." Aether reasoned as he gestured to you. 'Well at least someone has some trust in me aside from Charlie.' you thought to yourself as you placed your arms behind your back and gave Amber a close eyed grin.

"Oh, I'm sorry about what I said. Probably not something I should say as a knight. I give you my apologies, uh.. strange yet.. respectable travelers." Amber exclaimed.

"It's alright, dear. Don't worry, everything's Jake." you replied as the three looked at you in confusion.

"Who's Jake?" Aether asked while tilting his head to the side, tone having a hint of.. jealousy?

You chuckled and patted his arm. "It's a phrase I use where I'm from. It means everything is alright." you explained and you could have sworn you saw Aether give off a sigh of relief.

"Let's go then. Follow me." Amber stated as she moved on ahead.

----------

"So, suspicious travelers, what are you three doing in Mondstadt?" Amber asked beside you.

"Well, I got separated from my sister from our journey. (Y/N) was taken from her world and got transported here." Aether explained as you nodded to his answer.

'Almost true. It would be humiliating if they found out I got distracted while doing a spell before I met that unknown god.' you thought to yourself with a sweat drop.

"And Paimon is their travel buddy!" Paimon happily added.

"I'm curious though.. are you sick, (Y/N)? Your voice is somehow cracky." Amber asked as you held back a laugh to avoid being rude. "I can assure you that I'm not at all sick. This is how my voice is ever since I die-- became a radio host!" you replied, deciding not to tell them about your death.

"Radio host..? What's that?" Aether asked. "I don't know about this radio host you speak of." Amber added as  you stopped in your tracks and turned to them, looking offended but a smile stayed on your face.

"You mean to tell me no one in this world has any knowledge of what a radio is?" you asked as Amber nodded.

"This just won't do! Radio is the most greatest thing that existed! Why, I'm the Radio Demon in my world!" you proudly exclaimed with a grin.

"W-wait. Did you say demon?" Amber asked as she looked at you warily. "Yes indeedy!" you answered with a laugh while Amber looked unsure of what to do but decided not to say anything else.

"Now, since you don't know about the existence of radios. I will make it my duty to tell you all about it, like I said, I'm the Radio Demon myself. Let us start with how I started to become a famous radio host in New Orleans back in my world!" you began to tell your companions some stories of your life back when you were alive. You decided it'd be best not to inform them about you being the serial killer in your world.