Chapter 13

Once the crowd dispersed, you and your companions approached the green fellow. The male quickly took notice of your group. "Wait. You guys are.. Oh, that's right! You're the ones that scared Dvalin away." the male exclaimed, making you confused.

"Dvalin..? Who's that?" Paimon asked as she floated between you and Aether. "That's Stormterror's real name." Aether explained.

"Oh right, most people seem to call him 'Stormterror'. Why do you call him that.. are you two meant to be close or something?" Paimon asked the green fellow, making you intrigued as well.

"Oh, so close." the male replied with a close eyed smile. "Hey.. (Y/N), Aether. Paimon thinks this guy has a screw loose." Paimon stated as you grabbed Paimon's cheek and began pulling on it. "Now, now, my dear. It's rude to say that in front of someone you just met." you replied as you let go when you heard Paimon cries out an apology.

"Forgive our friend's rudeness. My name is (Y/N). This fellow gentleman beside me is Aether while this floating child is Paimon. And you are..?" you introduced to the male.

"I'm Venti the bard! Three time winner of the 'Most Popular Bard of Mondstadt' to be precise. So, what do you need from me?" the male, Venti, asked.

"It's about Stormterror. (Y/N), show it to him." Paimon said as you showed Venti the crimson crystal but was surprised to see it blue.

"What?! The crystal has been purified?! When?" Paimon questioned. "The last time we checked, it was full of impurities." Aether said, holding his chin in thought.

'I wonder what happened..' you thought to yourself as you looked down at your hand and saw a faint glow of red at the tips of your fingers before it disappeared. 'Interesting..' you thought as you looked at the others and placed your arms behind your back.

"Dvalin, he.. The anguish he feels.. has brought him to tears." Venti sadly exclaimed as he pulled out a crystal from his pocket.

"He was once a gentle child. Now so full of rage and suffering.. I also came across a teardrop crystal. Can you purify it?" Venti asked as he held out the red crystal to you.

You looked at Aether and saw him encouraging you. You turned your gaze to Venti and touched the crystal. All of you watched as the impurities began to leave the crystal, turning the red crystal to a bright blue.

You felt a surge of energy course through your body as you absorbed the impurities from the crystal. 'That felt great.. it's like the time I ate dozens of demons after killing them back in hell..' you thought to yourself as you felt the tingling sensation in your fingers before it disappeared. You held your grin and handed the pure crystal to Aether.

"That was some wonderful ability. Someone like you is going to end up getting written into a bard's poem. Anyways, even if Dvalin is not taken down, his life will still wither away in the breeze. He'll burn himself out in the flames of anger." Venti stated, a look of sadness upon his face.

"That's terrible!/wonderful!" you and Aether exclaimed at the same time. Aether and Paimon staring at you with wide eyes as you grinned and shrugged.

"I really must thank you for purifying the teardrop crystal, it has helped me greatly. But I've already come to devise my own plan." Venti stated.

"Oh? And what plan would that be?" Paimon asked.

"Ehe. One must be going! To the 'Symbol of Mondstadt's Hero'. Bye-bye~" Venti replied as he ran off to who knows where.

"What an odd fellow." you stated, Paimon nodding in agreement. "Paimon knows where he went! It's that huge tree, the gigantic one. You can't miss it, surely you two still remember!" Paimon exclaimed.

You were about to follow your companions when Aether suddenly stopped you, making you raise a brow. "Paimon and I will take things from here and inform you tomorrow. It's not safe to go around at night. You can head back to the inn and rest there." Aether said.

You were about to retaliate when Aether gave you a peck on the forehead and quickly took off to follow Venti, leaving you in a confused mess.

"What the hell..." you mumbled.

You sighed in annoyance and summoned your staff. The eye on the microphone appeared and looked at you. You stared back at it and gave it a pat, making it let out a low screech of happiness.

"Well, looks like we're left here again." you stated with a small grin. Your microphone gave you a sad glance until it happily perked up and began to play a tune.

Your ears perked up when you heard the familiar melody of your favorite song. You looked at your microphone and then your surroundings, your grin widened.

You saw your shadow formed itself, bowing in front of you. "I suppose a little song wouldn't hurt." you exclaimed with a chuckle.

"Hey, hobo man. Hey, Dapper Dan~♫︎" you happily sang as you walked around the city of Mondstadt. Your microphone close to you while your shadow twirled you around.

You jumped up on the fountain in the middle of the city and continued to sing. Imagining your area like it's your own personal broadway.

"You're never fully dressed, without a smile!~♫︎" you sang with your eyes closed as you enjoyed the moment while your shadow dipped you.

"What are you doing?"

The music in your microphone suddenly stopped. You opened your eyes to see Diluc staring at you with a slightly amused expression. You stood up from your position and jumped down the fountain, your shadow returning back to its previous form.

"Good evening to you too, darling! Why, I was just having a bit of fun since I was left behind again!" you explained as you patted your microphone. Diluc felt disturbed when your microphone looked at him and blinked.

"It has an eye..?" Diluc questioned. "Yes indeedy!" you replied.

"So, care to tell me why you're out here in the middle of the night?" you asked as you followed Diluc.

"Just making sure there aren't any threats coming here in Mondstadt." Diluc replied as you both saw two abyss mages.

"Aren't I also a threat to this city as well?" you asked with a teasing grin.

"As long as the deal is there. You're practically on a leash." Diluc stated, looking back at you as he prepared his claymore.

"Why are you even doing this? Are you playing as a hero of the night?" you questioned.

"I'm not 'playing hero'. I'm protecting Mondstadt because I know that the Knights of Favonius are untrustworthy of these situations. Justice must be served."  Diluc stated as he began to battle the abyss mages.

"'Not playing hero.' He says. 'Justice must be served.' Ha! That sounds so cliche!" you mumbled to yourself while trying to hide your laughter as you watched Diluc defeat the abyss mages.

Diluc walked towards your laughing form, looking confused as to why you are laughing. "What's so funny?" Diluc asked.

"Nothing at all, darling. Or should I say, Mr. Hero?" you replied with a laugh as you booped Diluc's nose, watching as his face turn a shade of red.