Chapter 66

You hid in the shadows as you roamed around the empty streets of Pentagram City. Not a single demon was in sight due to the exterminators still roaming around. You summoned a few shadow minions, making sure to be quiet as possible as you looked around to see if there are any exterminators nearby.

"Go find a male with amber eyes along with a short child that is accompanying him." you ordered the shadow minions as they nodded in response and scattered away in the shadows. You continued your search around the city when you heard two loud voices yelling in the distance.

"I WILL HAVE ORDER!"

"EVIL CONQUERING!"

Your eyes widened a bit when you realized who the screams belonged to. Stopping in your tracks and hiding behind a building, you watched as numerous exterminators quickly flew to the direction of the people screaming. You felt the geo mark on your neck began to glow with warmth.

Feeling something tug on your tailcoat, you looked down to see your shadow minion pointing to the direction where the exterminators went. You clicked your tongue in slight annoyance as you adjusted your outfit with a grin.

"It seems we're going to a party, my friend. Wouldn't want to miss the entertainment." you exclaimed, the static in your voice becoming lower as you let out a small chuckle. Snapping your fingers, you used the shadows to teleport you to where the exterminators headed, hoping to reach the others before they get killed.

You felt the ground beneath you shake as a large meteor flew above your head and landed in the distance, creating an earthquake and making you tumble in your steps. Your shadow stayed beside you in case any exterminator were to ambush you in your path.

Your eyes caught sight of Zhongli in the distance as a horde of exterminators surround him. You noticed some of the exterminators were turned to stone while Zhongli fought against the others. Quickly summoning your staff, you teleported behind Zhongli and impaled the chest of the exterminator that was about to attack the male. Zhongli turned his head in surprise as the exterminator let out an agonizing screech of pain before it died before you.

"My, you were throwing a party without me, darling. You know how I prefer to be in the front seats of entertainment!" you exclaimed with a playful pout as you snapped your fingers and summoned a few tendrils to grab the nearby exterminators. You were about to finish them off one by one when a flash of blue and green appeared in front of you and swiftly decapitated the exterminators.

"Worthless!" you heard a voice yelled out as you turned to see Xiao finishing off another exterminator with his spear in hand and his mask covering his face.

"Xiao, darling! I didn't expect you to be here! You're not looking very well with your mask, dear! You might tire yourself out and pass out from fatigue." you stated with a grin as your shadow pulled Xiao back before an exterminator could attack him.

"Shut it and fight!" Xiao growled out, looking away from you with pink tinted cheeks as he dashed forward and continued to eliminate the exterminators.

"Forgive me. I hope you do not mind if I brought Xiao along the journey, I wouldn't want little Qiqi to see the battle occurring now." Zhongli explained as he stepped back and created geo shields for the three of you.

"I'm actually glad you didn't brought her, dear. I would be quite angry if these pests hurt my adopted child. Very, very angry." you replied as you stood back to back with Xiao and Zhongli as the exterminators circled the three of you. The three of you kept on fighting against the exterminators, killing them off one by one but more kept on coming.

Your ears perked up as you hear your companions' breathing becoming ragged. 'They've been fighting for too long to the point they've reached their limits. And the fact that they're still alive, being in Hell is taking a toll on their bodies and making them more fatigued. We're outnumbered.. the only plan left is to retreat.' you thought to yourself as you dodged an attack from an exterminator.