Chapter 45

"Oh, hey little red! Did you miss me?" Childe asked, looking at you expectantly as he approached your group.

"Not at all, dear! What brings you here?" you replied, grinning up at the ginger haired male.

"I'm actually just passing by until I saw you guys. I see Mr. Zhongli's the same as ever. Getting others to pay for him, he neither looks at the price tag nor his wallet." Childe exclaimed, making you lightly chuckle.

"Childe, you are as fond of jokes as ever." Zhongli stated, crossing his arms as he glanced at the harbinger.

"Come now, Mr. Zhongli. I can already tell that you caused some financial problems to (Y/N) during your time together." Childe said as he looked at you before giving Zhongli a light glare, ignoring Aether who looked at him in disbelief.

"Nonsense, Childe. I did not cause any problems for (Y/N). In fact, our time together was quite comforting. I enjoyed her presence much as she enjoyed mine." Zhongli retaliated, returning Childe's glare while keeping himself composed.

You took a step back away from the two males and stood beside Aether. The both of you watching as Childe and Zhongli continued to have a silent conversation while glaring at each other.

"Is it just Paimon or is the atmosphere becoming a bit.. tense?" Paimon whispered out towards you and Aether.

"I have no clue, dear. I hope they fight though. I would like to be in the front row seat of an entertaining battle." you replied, a large grin spreading across your face while Paimon lightly facepalmed at your answer.

"Whatever they're fighting at, I don't like it at all." Aether stated as he held your hand in his and began to walk you away from Zhongli and Childe, Paimon following after you.

----------

"How do you even pronounce this? 'Bo-bo Pharmacy'..?" you muttered out, your brows furrowed as you tried to pronounce the name of the pharmacy.

"Bubu Pharmacy. That is how you pronounce it." Zhongli informed you as he gestured for you to follow him towards the reception desk.

"The reception is deserted. It's kinda spooky in here.." Paimon stated as she looked around.

"I hope something pops out and tries to scare us. I would love to see what kind of terror they will bring!" you exclaimed, grinning in excitement as you followed your companions.

"Don't say that, (Y/N)! Now Paimon is even more scared!" Paimon replied as she flew behind you and held onto your shoulder with a look of fear on her face.

"There, there. I'm sure it won't be that bad. I saw lots of things that are supposed to be scary and it didn't even bother me." you comforted Paimon as you patted her hands that were holding onto your shoulder.

"Um.. hello? Is anyone here?" Paimon called out, shaking in fright while hiding behind you.

The place was eerily quiet as you, Zhongli, and Aether continued to look around. In the corner of your eye, you noticed a small movement behind the reception desk.

"Welcome to Bubu Pharmacy."

A voice greeted, making Paimon let out a tiny shriek beside you. You held your ear in pain due to Paimon's sudden scream of surprise.

"Where did it come from?! Did you guys hear it too?!" Paimon asked, looking frantically between Aether and Zhongli while ignoring the fact that she screamed in your ear.

You moved away from Paimon and walked closer towards the reception desk. You leaned over the counter and saw a little girl. The child stared back at you, her dull eyes watching you as you grinned at her.

"Why, hello there, little one!" you exclaimed, your companions watching you from behind as they saw you lean forward over the counter and grabbed something.

"It seems like it wasn't anything scary at all! It was only a small child!" you informed the others as you held out the girl in front of them.

You noticed the girl has light purple hair and magenta colored eyes. You found the hat and the outfit she was wearing was somewhat adorable. Although, you were quite curious of the paper sticking onto her head.

"What's that talisman on her forehead?" Aether asked as you adjusted your hold on the girl and carried her in your arms instead. You noted that the girl was unfazed by your actions.

"No way.. is she.. a zombie?!" Paimon exclaimed as Aether and Zhongli observed the girl in your arms.

"Welcome to Bubu Pharmacy. I am Qiqi." the girl, Qiqi, introduced herself as she waved at your group while her other hand held onto you in which you paid no mind to it.

"Once upon a time, Qiqi died. Then, Qiqi was saved by the adepti. Now, Qiqi is a zombie." Qiqi explained.

"That was such a nonchalant delivery for a bombshell revelation.." Aether muttered with a sweat drop.

"I have heard of zombies but I have never encountered one myself until now! Time to cross that one out of my bucket list!" you stated in glee as you patted Qiqi's head.

"Hey! Why does she get your head pats? Paimon wants some too!" Paimon whined as she stomped her foot in mid-air.

"Hello.. little girl. Do you sell Everlasting Incense here?" Zhongli asked, ignoring Paimon's whines.

"Excuse me, sir. Did you bring your prescription?" Qiqi asked, casting a glance towards Zhongli before returning her gaze back to you. You noticed Qiqi's tiny hands reaching out towards your hair as you quickly but gently held her hands.

"I.. surely no prescription is needed to purchase Everlasting Incense? It's not a controlled substance.." Zhongli reasoned.

"Qiqi can get your medicine. But only if you show Qiqi your prescription. These are Qiqi's orders, from Qiqi." Qiqi explained, her eyes staring back at your narrowed ones as she tried to reach out and play with your hair.

You let out a small sigh and let go of her hands, watching as she held a few locks of your hair in her hands before fiddling with it. You noticed a small glint of amusement in Zhongli's eyes when you turned to glance at him, making you raise a brow.

"What did she meant by 'orders'?" Aether asked, watching Qiqi play with your hair with a hint of jealousy.