Chapter 73

"Wahhh! Paimon missed you so much!"

Paimon cried out as she hugged your arm, her tears were staining your tattered outfit while you patted her head. You were out for a few hours after the incident, the blonde that you saved earlier had to stop and reason to Zhongli and Aether to not go after the Shogun after you were unconscious.

"Anyways, I'm glad you're awake, Ms. (Y/N). Aether and Paimon have told me a lot about you." the blonde, you now know as Thoma, stated.

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well! I would have introduced myself formally but my current state is... not very formal."

You muttered out with a strained smile. Honestly, you just got your outfit tailored nicely again and it's already tattered by a different archon.

"Ah, not to worry! Thoma and I have prepared an outfit that will be of use to you to blend among the people of Inazuma."

Ayaka, who Paimon introduced you to once you woken up, held up what seems to be an outfit you saw the citizens of this nation were wearing when you and Zhongli were travelling around. Ayaka informed you that it's a yukata.

"That's very kind of you, dear. But I do apologize, I do not know how you wear this you-kah-ta thing."

"It's not a problem at all! I'll help you, if that's fine with you."

You could only nod along as you followed the female in another empty room away from the others. Wearing the outfit in the girl's hands would definitely be a good diguise to walk around freely. Smiling at the great idea, you shifted to your human form before letting Ayaka guide you on how to wear the outfit.

"O-oh.. I didn't expect that you can change your forms. You look very beautiful.."

Ayaka commented as she tried to hide her reddened face behind the yukata. She has seen many beautiful people, including the Raiden Shogun herself but no one can compare to your beauty. You laughed and held the girl's chin and making her face you. Giving her a grin and caressing her cheek with your thumb.

"Thank you for the compliment, darling. You look amazing, yourself." you replied, watching Ayaka's face turn into a darker shade of red when you held her chin as she held out the outfit to you.

You took the outfit and went ahead to change, leaving the Kamisato all to her thoughts as she tried to cool down her flustered self. She was sure she had a small crush on Aether but after hearing him talk about you and your adventures, that made her jealous to know who you were. But now, after seeing you personally and interacting with you, why can't she stop how fast her heart is beating?

"Big brother.. is this what you've been calling 'love at first sight'?" Ayaka asked to herself as she quickly went back to the other room with the others.

Meanwhile, you already got the outfit on with the help of Ayaka's advice on how to put on such clothing. You stared at yourself in the mirror as you eyed the outfit on you before clicking your tongue.

"Hmm.. it doesn't really suit my style."

You mumbled as you snapped your fingers and changed the outfit's color to red with a little bit of white stripes before looking yourself over again and grinning wide.

"Much better!"

You happily hummed as you walked out the changing room and back to where the others resided in. Your ears caught the sound of glass shattering as you looked up and stared at your companions in the room who were all staring at you. The cup that Aether was holding has shattered on the floor meanwhile the cup in Zhongli's grasp already has cracks forming from how hard his grip is. The tea that Thoma was pouring for Ayaka was spilling out of the cup with his face turning red while Ayaka simply has her jaw dropped.

"Wow (Y/N)! You look so pretty wearing the yukata!" Paimon exclaimed, breaking the silence in the room.

Ayaka quickly looked away in embarrassment while Thoma was panicking as he quickly tried to wipe the spilled tea from the table, with Zhongli and Aether assisting him and putting the broken cups away.

"Why thank you, Paimon dear! I quite like how I can move freely around with it!"

You grinned before sitting down beside Aether as he informed you of the plan, head to Tatarasuna and find the resistance. Whatever that may be but Aether mentioned a war and that already got your interest. There's always entertainment wherever you go and you're in for it.

"Be safe, all of you. The shogun's army are patrolling everywhere so best be careful." Thoma informed.

"You got nothing to worry about! With (Y/N) and Zhongli, we are practically unstoppable!" Paimon replied, crossing her arms with a smug look before letting out a whine when Aether flicked her forehead.

"Don't be too smug about it. We almost got defeated last time." Aether said with a huff as he watched Paimon cling to your arm while crying at how Aether was being mean to her ever since you were gone.

"Come now, darling. We have an army to see! A front row seat to people murdering each other! And lots of opportunities to make deals to weak humans who are at their worst and are desperate to live!" you exclaimed happily before turning and walking on ahead.

"I suppose it would be faster to stop this situation if we get going." Zhongli hummed as he followed after you, Paimon floating beside him and questioning him on why he went with you with the geo archon simply stating it was merely a contract between him and you. Aether shook his head before waving farewell to Thoma and Ayaka before running to catch up to you.

----------

"Here we are, Nazuchi beach! The men earlier said this is where the battle is happening now. Look! Someone's in trouble over there!" Paimon exclaimed as she pointed to a man being surrounded by two men with swords, Aether mentioning earlier that they are called samurais.

"I'll handle it." Aether stated as he ran off with his weapon to save the innocent soul. You and Zhongli followed the blonde, deciding to assist him.

"Can I eat them?" you asked the archon beside you with a grin, wondering how Inazuman people taste like.

"Our contract states that you cannot harm my people, specifically those in Liyue and we are currently in Inazuma therefore you can do whatever you wish." Zhongli replied.

"Wonderful!" you exclaimed as you teleported behind the other samurai who was keeping a distance away from Aether and watching him fight his comrade.

You tapped the samurai on the shoulder and watched as he quickly turned to you, his sword aimed at your face.

"Sir, do you know how rude it is to aim a weapon towards a lady?" you asked, your voice becoming darker and static as you summoned a tendril and grabbed the samurai.

The samurai yelped and tried to slash and cut the tendril keeping a hold of him only for it to be futile. You changed back to your demon form as you raised the samurai above your head and opened your mouth inhumanly wide, your sharp teeth baring out.

You ignored the cries of the samurai as you ate him whole. Covering your mouth and swallowing the poor soul, you wiped the corners of your mouth like a proper lady and grinned as if nothing monstrous just happened.

"My, how tasty! Coming back to Teyvat is the most right decision I made, yes indeedy!"

"....DID YOU JUST ATE HIM WHOLE?! (Y/N) BETTER NOT EAT PAIMON! PAIMON LOVES YOU BUT PLEASE DON'T KILL OR DEVOUR."

"Well, that would depend if you behave well, dear."

"Paimon behaves good!"