Chapter 46

"Zombies are limited to acting within the confines of their orders. And somehow, in this case, the zombie issues her own orders. To herself." Zhongli explained as you looked at the zombie child in your arms.

"Then if I ordered her to kill someone, she'd do it without any hesitation?" you muttered to yourself as you stared at Qiqi with fascination in your eyes.

"I'm going to keep this zombie!" you exclaimed with a large grin, making everyone look at you in surprise as you raised Qiqi in front of you.

"You can't just own someone, (Y/N). That's kidnapping." Aether stated, taking Qiqi away from your grasp and placing her down on the ground.

"But darling, I'm not kidnapping her! You got it all wrong. It's not kidnapping! I prefer the term 'surprise adoption'!" you reasoned as you grinned down at the zombie girl.

"Qiqi.. doesn't mind. Deer lady sounds nice.." Qiqi muttered out as she walked closer to you and held the end of your tailcoat.

"What?! Paimon is already (Y/N)'s child! There's no need for another one because that spot is already taken by Paimon!" Paimon exclaimed with a pout as she placed her hands on her hips.

"Since when did you became my child, Paimon?" you asked, raising a brow at your floating companion.

"Yet to be your child. Aether hasn't made a move on yo--" Paimon was suddenly cut off by Aether when he covered her mouth with his hand.

"Nevermind that!" Aether exclaimed as he pushed Paimon behind him while Zhongli shook his head at their antics.

"My dear Qiqi, I'm afraid we didn't bring any prescription. But we do hope that you can still help us find some Everlasting Incense." Zhongli told Qiqi.

"Alright.. Qiqi will help you, you help Qiqi. Only fair." Qiqi stated as she looked up at Zhongli while lightly tugging at your tailcoat, making you glance at her.

"Go to Mt. Tianheng, find the Guizhong Ballista and hunt a Cocogoat. Please and thank you." Qiqi informed, making you all confused.

"Hunt the what with a what?" Aether asked as Zhongli explained to your group about the Guizhong Ballista and how it is used.

"Mr. Zhongli really knows Liyue inside out!" Paimon commented.

"Apparently, not quite. This is the first I have ever heard of the 'Cocogoat'." Zhongli replied when Qiqi called your attention.

"The Cocogoat is a legendary animal. An adeptibeast. What it looks like, don't know. Where to find it, don't know either. Where it came from, also don't know." Qiqi stated with a shrug.

"Very well then. Let's start by investigating near the Guizhong Ballista. Perhaps we will find some clues." Zhongli exclaimed as you and Aether nodded in reply.

You gently removed Qiqi's hand away from your tailcoat as you and your companions began to head out of Bubu Pharmacy. Qiqi looked down at her hand that once held your outfit before glancing back up at your retreating figure.

"Deer lady.." Qiqi whispered as she looked around before running out of the pharmacy to follow you.

----------

You followed Zhongli as he led you all to Mt. Tianheng until you found the ballista.

"So.. this is the ballista? Crossbows are.. interesting but I still prefer a hunting rifle." you muttered as you looked at the Guizhong Ballista. You noticed something in the corner of your eye as you turned and saw a flash of light purple hair behind some bushes.

Looking back to your companions, you quietly walked a few meters away before turning your direction to the greenery. Once you have reached the bush, you quickly teleported behind it and saw Qiqi. You heard Qiqi let out a small gasp as she looked around, you guessed she was searching for you as you tapped your finger on her shoulder.

You watched Qiqi turned around and look up at you. You raised a brow when Qiqi ran up to you and clung onto your leg, nuzzling it with her cheek.

"Darling, what are you doing?" you asked the small girl as she looked up at you for a few seconds before continuing to nuzzle into your leg.

"Did you follow us all the way here, little doe? May I know why?" you asked Qiqi as she looked up at you again.

"Qiqi is.. Deer lady's child. Qiqi knows that children must stick with their mothers." Qiqi explained as you gave her a grin.

"Well, that is true, my dear. But I'm afraid I'm not suitable to be your mother." you replied as you tried to remove Qiqi from your leg.

"Nooo.. deer lady is Qiqi's mother." Qiqi stated as she tightly held onto your leg, making it unable for you to remove her. You let out a small sigh as you turned your head and glanced at where your companions were before turning back to Qiqi.

"Well, I can't let the others see you. They might scold me and that would be very annoying." you muttered as you patted Qiqi's head.

"Fine, I'll be your.. mother. Now, would you kindly let go of my leg?" you exclaimed as you watched Qiqi let go of your leg before grabbing onto your hand instead.

"Come on, dear. I'm going to have to take you back to Boo-boo Pharmacy." you exclaimed as you began to pull Qiqi along with you.

"'Bubu Pharmacy.'" Qiqi corrected you as you ignored her while she walked beside you.

"I suppose the others can handle themselves without me. If they die then I'll just bury their bodies. Even if they're dead, their corpses can make good fertilizer for the soils! Ahaha!" you stated with a laugh.

"How about a little music, hm? Have you ever danced before, my dear?" you asked Qiqi as she glanced up at you and shook her head.

"Qiqi.. does not dance." Qiqi replied as you patted her head in reassurance.

"Then worry not, little doe! I'll be teaching you some dances! We'll be dancing our way back to the pharmacy!" you announced as you twirled Qiqi around and gave her a cheshire grin.

Qiqi's eyes widened as she saw the world spiral around her. She almost trip and fell but you managed to catch her and helped her stand upright.

"Are you alright?" you asked as you lightly poked Qiqi's nose, making her crinkle her nose.

"Qiqi is alright." Qiqi replied as she swung both of your arms while trying to copy the dance steps you were trying to teach her.

----------

"Has anyone seen (Y/N)?" Paimon asked, making Aether and Zhongli stare at her in shock before looking around the area they're in to find any traces of you but they found none.

"WHAT."