⚾︎| chapter fifteen

CHRISTIAN IRWIN
hey you! don't be a silent reader:)

These past few days have been hard for Dallas and I. 

We've been working our asses off for the championship game.

"Irwin! What the hell are you doing?" Coach Lopez exclaims, waving his clipboard in the air to grab my attention.

"Pay attention!" He yells making me nod.

It's Tuesday afternoon, and we have our first practice for the week. Coach has finally eased up since our game last weekend that led us to the championship game.

I adjust my cap and my glove, looking down at the ground for a moment.

I throw the ball as hard as I can, I then hear a ding knowing he hit the ball.

Kane throws the ball to, Jacob who throws the ball to, Dallas who's plays 3rd base.

Dallas throws the ball to home base, causing the our teammate to get an out.

Our coach starts clapping, pointing at me. "You better pitch like that at the championship Irwin. I would hate to lose to cheaters." He shakes his head.

Cheaters. One of the referee's were friends with the coach at Yark. 

Sad you have to cheat to win.

"Ya'll go ahead and go home, get some sleep." Coach lopez says, we all go to the dougout to grab our bags and water.

I check my phone and smile a bit at the text Riley sent. Dallas walks over and reads the text causing me to tilt the phone.

"Meet me at Ella's Diner, pretty boy." He mocks her.

I roll my eyes at him as I put my glove in my bag. "Come with me, I think Kelani and Coco are working." I say, changing into royal blue slides.

Dallas chuckles a bit. "I don't think Kelani wants to see you." he says grabbing his bad and throwing it over his shoulder.

I groan. "She told me we should move on, and stay friends." I tell him, shrugging my shoulders.

He holds in his laugh. "Maybe she still likes you? Christian, you have no experience with girls and it shows." He tells me.

I don't argue with him, I just stay silent. Maybe he's right.

*****

Dallas and Me pull up to Ella's Diner. As we walk in the first person I see is Kelani, taking Riley's order.

Dallas rolls his eyes at Riley. "Yeah fuck this shit." He says walking off to find Coco.

Why do they hate Riley so much? She seems nice.

I walk towards Riley's table and make eye contact with Kelani.

She sighs and takes a deep breath. "And for you sir?" She asks me, looking at her notepad.

Sir? What the fuck.