⚾︎| chapter twenty seven

KELANI PARKER
hey you! don't be a silent reader:)

Hello,

If you're receiving this email,

CONGRATULATIONS!! You have been selected for the North Shore dance team. We are so excited that you choose North Shore college for you dancing career and we are SO excited to have you!

I gasp dropping my pen that i'm taking orders with.

"What?" Coco asks looks over at me then back at the coffee she's pouring for an elderly couple in front of her.

I look back at the email making sure i'm seeing this right.

"I made the dance team." I look over to her once again. She stops pouring coffee and slowly looks over at me.

"WHAT!" She yells causing everyone in the Cafe to turn their attention towards us.

Oh lord.

"Sorry." She whispers handing the cup of coffee to the couple in front of her.

I laugh and she pulls me into a tight hug, "Oh my God! I'm so happy for you Lani!" She hugs me even more tighter.

I grasp for air, she lets go. 

"Sorry, i'm just so happy for you!!" 

I smile and giggle, "I can't believe it though. I made the team." I look back at the email.

Getting back in dance makes me happy.

The bell rings on the counter and a sweaty Dallas just stands there panting with his hands on his knees.

He pants, "Table for.." He pauses trying catching his breathe. "Two."

Coco and I look at him.

"You ruined a moment."

"Why are you sweaty?"

He groans and stands up straight, "I just got back from practice the game is in a few weeks." He says in a duh tone. "And I ran all the way over here because Christian is slow as fuck!"

"Now please," He rings the bell atleast a million times, "Table for two."

I roll my eyes and grab two menus off the counter, "Just sit anywhere."

He limps over to a booth, I give him a menu and set a the other one down across from him.

So dramatic, limping?

I grab my pen and note pad out, "Where Christian?"

"He should be coming." He looks at the door.

I nod my head but then hear the door burst open.

"So, you couldn't wait for me?" Christian sneered at Dallas from the door with his hands up in the air.

"Well i'm fucking hungry so.." He looks up at Christian, "No." He explains.

Christian rolls his eyes then looks over to me, "Hey." He tries to give me a kiss but I dodge it.

Do Coco and Dallas know?

He chuckled, "What? Can't I let everyone know your mine?" He kisses me on the cheek.

Dallas looks at the both of us, "What the hell?" He blinks. "What did I just see?"

He looks back and forth. "When did this happen?" He asks, pointing at the both of us.

"3 days ago." Christian lets him know.