⚾︎| chapter twenty four

KELANI PARKER
hey you! don't be a silent reader:)

Was I wrong for what I said to Riley? Did I take it a little bit to far?

I sip on my water but a tap on my shoulder snaps me out of my thoughts.

I turn around and it's Coco.

She smiles at me, "You ready to go?" She asks me.

I nod and smile standing up putting the cap back on my water bottle.

As we're walking out the door I spot Riley.

Damn this girl is like an annoying fly. You can't get rid of it.

I roll my eyes and tilt my head back, annoyed. "Hey Coco!" She squeals.

Oh give me a break! She doesn't like you Riley.

Coco forces a sweet smile. "Hey, Yeah Riley." She runs her fingers through her blonde hair.

"Kelani." Riley says, giving me a dirty look and looking at me up and down.

Yeah she's definitely mad at me. 

"Riley." Yuck, just saying her name makes me want to puke. Yes offense.

She glares at me but then turns her attention to Coco who's looking at the both of us.

Coco clears her throat, "Anyways sorry we can't stay for long Riley. We have to get going." She says looking at me.

"Right Kelani?"

"Right.." 

We both walk off leaving Riley there by herself. I don't know why I don't like her, No it's not because of the Christian situation it's just something about her that makes me not like her.

Coco walks with me putting her hair in a ponytail, "Gosh we can't get rid of her."

I laugh at her comment, "Honestly, she doesn't leave."

"Tell me about it."

It goes silent for a while until Coco speaks up again, "So, I kinda heard a rumor about you and Christian." She says, swirling her hair.

It better not be..

"You know." She clears her throat. "You both are dating." She blurts out.

My eyes widened and my mouth opens. Oh crap she knows, wait how does she know?

I look at her but she's already looking at me for an answer, "How do you know?" I clear my throat. "Who told you this?"

She looks away and unlocks her car, "Blake." She tells me, "He's telling everyone."

I open the car door and sit down in the passenger seat, in shock. "Does everyone know?" I ask her staring at the dash board in front of me.

She puts on her seat belt, "Well.." I look at her hoping for a no, "Yes."

I groan covering my face with my hands. How could everyone know? Blake doesn't even go to North Shore.

I remove my hands and sit up straight, "We aren't even dating." I tell her looking over at her.

She stops applying lip gloss and slowly looks over at me, putting the cap back on. "What?" She asks confused, "Then why is-?"

I cut her off, "Christian told Blake we're dating because I don't know I guess Christian got jealous." I shrug my shoulders, I know he got jealous.

"Jealous over what?"