⚾︎| chapter thirty eight

KELANI PARKER
hey, you! don't be a silent reader:)

This gas station has seen me on good days or even bad days, and this night is the worst of me.

I pull open the door and stumble inside. My flip flops are not cooperating with me tonight, "Good evening, Miss." I hear someone from the counter say and I give them a smile and nod.

I fast walk straight to the candy isle, no matter how old I am; I will be excited for candy. Twizzles to be exact. I grab 2 packs and make my way to the slushy's; my head was pounding.

I take the largest cup available and fill it with my go-to slushy, blue raspberry. If you take me to a gas station, expect me to buy that

I felt like absolute shit, no clue why. My head was pounding, and I felt the need to just throw up.

I go up to the counter and set my junk food down. Sorry not sorry Mrs. Diana. "Will that be it?" The cashier behind the counter asked, he looked like a college student, well he was, I could see Yark's colors on his shirt.

Gross.

I pull out my credit card from my wallet. "Yup." I tell him and he scans my items while staring at me. I tried distracting myself with the lights above me, hoping he would just stop stare at me. I get it, I look like a complete mess.

"You go to North Shore?"

There it is. My breaking point.

I let out a breath as he hands me my bag, "I do."

"Didn't you go to Yark-"

"I did, that was a year ago. I'm not dating Blake anymore; he was a dick. Get over it." I snapped, sorry but don't mess with me on a day like this.

It's infortune that Yark and North shore are in the same state.

I take my credit card back from him and grab my bag from on top of the counter and just walk out of there. I will admit, I was kind of harsh but when will it end?

No clue why I decided to parked so far. I stop for a moment to pull out my fresh pack of cigarettes, and light it with a matte black lighter that was just in my pocket. One puff but a white truck pulls up beside me as I walk to my car.

I try not to make eye contact to whoever was driving that truck, I start walking more faster than before and my knees already giving out.

Speed walking is tiring. I mean I would totally run but I would look so fucking stupid and I'm wearing flip flops.

I throw my cigarette on the ground, stomp on it and speed walk faster than ever. "Need a ride, gorgeous?" An old ass man offers, whistling after his sentence. Can I not get a slushy in peace?

"No, thanks." I say, clutching my cold drink. I try to maintain my balance, not wanting to spill my precious drink and sprain my ankle.

Oh god, isn't this just the best way to end a night?

"Oh, come on! I'll take you to my hotel and treat you really good, babydoll."

I run to my car, "Stranger danger!" I say under my breath. "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god." I repeat over and over again. If my ankle gives out on me, it's the end. My flip flop is about to fall off, I repeat a flip flop is about to fall off.

I quickly open my car door, start the car and zoom off. What goes through a man's head? I would love to know.

Disturbing a girl who's just trying to get a blue raspberry slushy at night. So disrespectful.