⚾︎| chapter thirty

KELANI PARKER
hey you! don't be a silent reader:)

"Why'd I bring so much shit for one day?" I mumble to myself as I unpack.

Made it to Long Island, New York. 

Day of the my first dance competition at North Shore, and day of the Baseball Championship. Gosh I would do anything to be there right now.

"Okay so," Coco walks in. "I think red lipstick would look way better only because your solo outfit is black." She says looking at the bright red lipstick.

I look up from what i'm doing and can't help but smile at her helping me, "Yeah, I agree." 

She sets down the lipstick and sits next to me. "Are you nervous? Don't be nervous." She tried to comfort me.

I close my suit case and slide it to the corner of the room. "Not nervous." I look at her then down at my shoes. "I just feel terrible that i'm not going to see my own boyfriend play in a really important game."

"Don't let that distract you from dancing, yes, you might miss this game but think about the big opportunity you might have this afternoon." She reminds me.

The big opportunity. I think about it over and over again.

I nod my head and get up from the floor, "I better go get ready, I go on stage at 2:00 pm" I tell her grabbing my stuff and heading over to the dressing room.

»»———- ⚾ ———-««

I apply foundation to my face as Coco curls my hair, "Ouch! Fucking, shit!" I cried out from the curling iron burn. "Why do you keep burning me and shit." I say blending it in with a beauty blender.

"Oh, suck it up buttercup!" Coco ventured continuing to curl my hair. This hair style isn't it. Like at all, but of course Mrs. Kylie's orders.

"Which solo do you think is going to win?" I hear a girl whispering.

"Honestly, I have no clue. Riley and Kelani are both strong dancers." Another girl chimes in.

I roll my eyes at their conversation. We'll see about that, yeah?

"All done." Coco tells me finishing one last piece and turning off the curling iron.

"Thank you so much Coco." I tell her before running off to put on my costume.

I head over to the bathroom and go in the nearest stall, and making sure to lock it behind me.

As i'm putting on my costume the bathroom door opens and two girls can be heard laughing.

"What about Kelani Parker?" A girl that I know says.

Riley.

"Oh give me a fucking break! That bitch dated Blake then Christian." Another girl says. "What a whore." She finishes.

I know that voice too well, a little too well.

The door opens again, "Jules, you're up in 2 numbers." A older woman says farther away.

Jules. Fucking. Jules.

I open the door and both of their eyes are on me, "It's cute knowing that I have fans." I tell them.

Jules jaw drops to the floor and Riley rolls her eyes with her hands crossed.

I lightly laugh and head over to the door, "Break a leg." I tell them both before swinging the bathroom door open.