𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎.

⊱ 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒 ⊰

⊱ 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒 ⊰

[This is a Modern AU, but people who are part animal still exist.]

"How many times do we have to say we're not identical?"

"You just said that in sync," Ayaka giggled.

"I have brought your beverages!" You grinned as you set down the drinks you and your friends ordered. "What'd I miss?"

"Not much. Just Childe and Thoma being twins again," Ayaka smiled, taking a sip of her tea.

"We're not twins, m'lady," Thoma sighed.

"No, you definitely are," you replied, sitting beside Kazuha and putting his cup down last. "For you, sir."

"Thank you, Y/n."

"Anything for my favorite," you beamed.

"I thought we were all your favorites," Childe pouted as he sat across from you.

"I was kidding," you rolled your eyes. "Anyway, how are you guys feeling about school?"

Childe choked on his coffee and you moved off the seat for a moment in case he spat it out at you, but he managed to swallow it. After a short coughing fit that attracted the attention of a few nearby customers, he spoke.

"Y/n, I told you not to mention school during Summer!"

You stifled a laugh, "Well yeah, but it's next week, shouldn't we start preparing?"

Ayaka had the decency to answer your question, "I'm quite prepared. I have all of my supplies ready. I'm not excited, though."

"You went school shopping without me?" You asked.

"We went together as a date," Thoma said.

"It wasn't a date."

"Wait, it wasn't?"

"No," Ayaka laughed.

You finally let out a chuckle since you couldn't hold it back anymore, "That would've been really sad...! Imagine your first date being shopping for school supplies. 'Oh my god, babe, these notebooks look just like us! We should get a matching pair!'"

Childe and Kazuha laughed while Thoma and Ayaka were whispering to each other, probably arguing about the misunderstanding. You were wondering when they'd get together, but honestly, you were starting to doubt it'd happen if Thoma counted shopping as a date plan.

"Ahem, anyway..." Thoma cleared his throat. "Just pretend you didn't hear that, please."

"Pfft, okay," Childe replied. "Thanks for the drinks, by the way, Y/n."

"No problem," you shrugged. "I know you all are broke, so I have to spoil you."

"I'm not-"

"Except for Ayaka, but she's sweet enough for me to treat her by choice."