𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐈: 𝐤𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐤𝐮𝐳𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐢 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧

I

I. SCARAMOUCHE

Someone who wishes to be wanted is wanted by no one. At least, not anymore.

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE, YOU WORTHLESS-"

The rest of her words were muffled by the slamming of a door as Scaramouche stormed outside, gritting his teeth and pressing his palms to his eyes in an attempt to stop any tears from falling. The only thing that could've made the situation more depressing was rain. Still, it was dark and the stars shined in the sky. He glanced up at them, wondering why they would put him in such a situation. They smiled, as if they were showing him a happiness that he himself could not reach. The stars were making fun of him, and this was precisely why he hated them.

Suddenly, his phone chimed and he furrowed his eyebrows as he dug it out of his pocket, looking to see who messaged him.

Y/n♡
Hey, can you come over...?

He blinked away the tears in his eyes to read it properly. He was thankful; maybe the sky didn't hate him after all.

⊱✿⊰

He picked up a pebble from your yard and hurled it up to your window to let you know he was there. It wasn't the first time he'd done this, but you seemed amused by it the first time, so he decided to try again. He knew he was right when you opened the window with a tiny smile tugging at your lips. It wasn't too visible from where he stood, but when he looked closer, it was clear to see.

"Really?" You asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yep. You comin' down or what?" He smirked, tossing another pebble up in the air and catching it.

You nodded and left the window, making sure to close it first. Seeing that you left, he walked around the house to meet you at the front door. He clicked his tongue rhythmically as he waited for you until you exited  the house.

"Took you long enough," he said.

"Shut up, I took two seconds," you rolled your eyes in amusement.

He decided to take you to a nearby park, where his aunt used to play with him when no one else would. They always had to go once it was already dark, though, since none of the other kids liked him and any time he approached them, they'd either ignore him or hit him. So every weekend, he and Makoto would go together. He wasn't sure if you'd been to that park before, but he wanted to share it with you. He doubted he'd get the words out to tell you, though. Still, it made him a little happier to see you grin and jump onto one of the swings. He sat on the one beside you and looked over to identify how you were feeling through your facial expressions.

"Anything on your mind?" He asked.

You sighed, "I was just thinking about my dad."

Based on how you said those words, he suspected you told him and it slipped his mind. He felt guilty, and also confused how he could forget something that seemed so important to you. He thought hard about it until he realized.