𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎.

⊱ 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓 ⊰

⊱ 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓 ⊰

The cast list was put up two days after auditions, and all you did was stare at the paper, like looking at it constantly would make it read something else. Childe waved his hand in front of your face, causing you to flinch.

"Does that say what I think it says?" You asked immediately.

"Yes, it does," Gorou said, staring the paper down as well. He wasn't sure how to feel.

On one hand, he made it a tie and got the lead role, but on the other hand... That meant he had to act like he loved you, and he was not talented enough to do that. Childe sighed.

"I wasn't asking you," you snapped. "Since when were you a good actor!?"

"Since a week ago, I guess."

"I can't believe this," you muttered. "You've never even done a play without acting as a tree! How can you go from that to this!? It doesn't make sense!"

"Y/n, breathe," Childe said, placing a hand on your shoulder.

You took a deep breath and turned away from Gorou, refusing to look at him. He was really enjoying seeing you so furious. He decided to take the situation as a victory.

"See you at rehearsal," he called while you walked away, dragging Childe along with you.

"Whatever, mutt!"

━━━━⊱✿⊰━━━━

"So what were the results?" Ayaka asked.

"I got the female lead and Gorou got the male lead," you said with a deadpan expression.

"I'm Gorou's understudy," Childe added.

"So... You and Gorou have to pretend you love each other," Thoma blinked. "That's gonna go great."

"Yeah," you cried miserably, slamming your head down on the table. "I need another coffee."

Childe waved a waiter over and requested another order for you, which you promptly thanked him for. You really felt like your heart was being stomped all over, as if it were a bug. 

"It'll be alright, Y/n," Kazuha said with a smile. He was actually quite glad with the result, since he always wanted you and Gorou to get along. He wanted you to see the good in each other, so perhaps this was the chance to do that.

"No it won't..."

Or maybe it wasn't.

"It's only for one play," Ayaka mentioned, trying to look on the bright side. "It can't be that bad, right?"

"But there's a kissing scene in the script! I think I'll die!" You whined. "That's gonna be even worse than losing in the first place!"

"You tied," Thoma pointed out.