𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.

⊱ 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐔𝐏 ⊰

⊱ 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐔𝐏 ⊰

Y'all they weren't actually confessing in the last chapter plz-

You quickly moved away and Gorou retracted his hand from your face, turning his head the other way. Both of you were blushing furiously and you tapped your fingers on your thigh to try distracting yourself, but it didn't work. You could hear the sound of Gorou's tail rapidly hitting the bed as it went back and forth.

You awkwardly cleared your throat, "That was good. But, uhm, really embarrassing."

"Yeah..."

Suddenly, a knock on the door startled both of you. The door was promptly opened, revealing Hina with a tray of food.

"Hey! Just thought you two might want something to eat, so... I brought cake!"

You glanced at Gorou and noticed his eyes light up at the sight of the treats. Hina set the tray down on his desk and Gorou walked over.

"Thanks, Mom," he said.

"You're welcome," she chirped, kissing him on the head before sauntering out and closing the door behind her.

"Your mom brings you cake?" You raised your eyebrows. "Can we swap moms for a day or something?"

"Nope, I'm good," he smiled, grabbing a fork and taking a bite of one of the cakes. "You hungry?"

You gazed at the second piece of cake, provided for you, and considered it. But then you recalled what Scaramouche always told you and second guessed it.

"I don't know..." You bit the inside of your lip.

"You look like you're having a crisis because of a cake. What's wrong?" He asked, sitting beside you with both plates in his hands.

"It's nothing," you laughed nervously.

He accepted the fact that you wouldn't talk about it and held your plate closer to you as an offer to take it.

"It doesn't hurt to let yourself indulge once in a while," he pointed out.

...Whatever. I'm gonna break up with Scaramouche anyway, you thought.

"...I guess," you shrugged, taking the plate and holding the fork. "Why do you have cake here, anyway?"

"Oh, um, I just really like cake," he said, blushing from embarrassment.

"Any kind?" You queried.

"Pretty much... Why?"

"No reason."

You took a bite of the cake and sucked in a sharp breath through your nose because of how delicious it was. You rarely ever ate cake, so you'd almost forgotten what it tasted like. Gorou noticed your pleased expression and smiled to himself while he continued eating.