𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝.

⊱ 𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐃𝐀𝐘 ⊰

⊱ 𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐃𝐀𝐘 ⊰

"Daddy, where are you going...?"

"Nowhere, sweetie. I'll be back before you know it."

"But it's so late... Why are you going out when Mommy's asleep?"

"I'm... going to get you a present!"

"Really?"

"Of course. You're so strong, with how you're handling your sister's death. You deserve a reward."

"Thank you! Bye, Daddy!"

"Bye, Y/n."

And just like that, he disappeared.

"Oh? Uh, Y/n, what are you doing out here so late?"

"General Gorou... I was just thinking."

"About what, exactly...?"

"I wrote a letter."

"For your family?"

"For anyone who'll read it and know who I was."

You reluctantly tried to compliment him as an attempt to get along with him, "...You did better that time."

"...You, too," he replied, though he didn't fully mean it.

"Well, at least you're not arguing..." Kazuha stated. "But this is very awkward."

"Yeah," you and Gorou agreed simultaneously.

"I don't think the pacing between the lines was right," you said.

"It... sounded off," Gorou agreed. "I hate agreeing with you."

"I hate it too, but at least that means we both have braincells," you responded, narrowing your eyes at him. "Even if-"

Kazuha abruptly cleared his throat, cutting you off before you could insult him. You realized your mistake.

"Sorry."

Gorou rolled his eyes at your behavior, unamused by your inability to keep your mouth shut. Over the previous couple of days, you and him tried getting along to the best of your abilities. He was doing much better than you, which pissed you off.

"Can we take a break?" Gorou requested, looking to Kazuha for permission. He basically ended up being your guardian for those sessions.

"Yes."

"Thank god," he sighed with relief.

While the two boys conversated, you stared out the window beside you, observing how the rain splattered on the ground and formed puddles inside holes within the pavement. You didn't feel like talking much; something about you was just so mentally tired. Gorou noticed your odd demeanor, but didn't question you about it. He had no reason to.