𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.

⊱ 𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒 ⊰

"You seem to be getting along better with Gorou," Ayaka observed.

"Oh, you can see that..." You mumbled. "Yeah, I guess so."

"What happened?" Thoma queried. "Was it when he took you home on Saturday?"

"Yeah," you sighed. "He was weirdly nice that night... So I guess I'm trying to get along with him, at least while we're doing the play."

"Well, it's nice to see you tolerating him for once," Ayaka smiled. "I'm sure Kazuha thinks so, as well."

"Yes, I do," Kazuha agreed.

"I guess it's cool," you shrugged. "He doesn't frustrate me as much as before."

"You should invite him to come with us to Komore Teahouse after school," Thoma suggested.

"...Seriously?" You blinked.

"Yeah!" He grinned. "It wouldn't be that bad, right?"

"I guess not..."

"I think it's a splendid idea," Ayaka said.

"If you say so," you exhaled. "I'll ask after drama class."

Kazuha smiled. He was glad you seemed willing to attempt being friends with Gorou, even if it didn't end up working. Part of him wanted to thank you.

━━━━⊱✿⊰━━━━

"Your chemistry was much better today. Good job," Yae said. "Hurry out, I need to go home."

"Yes, ma'am," you and Gorou replied in unison. Yae left the room and you placed your script in your folder before putting it in your backpack. No one else was there, since you both asked for a bit of extra time to practice. Yae obliged, but not long after, she was needed at home. So you also had to leave.

Suddenly, Gorou's voice rang out within the auditorium, causing you to look over at him.

"You really are talented, y'know."

"Hm...? Why do you say that?" You asked.

"I'm not sure, I just... felt like I had to," he said as he sat on the edge of the stage. You joined him.

"I've always been kinda jealous," he admitted, swinging his legs back and forth. "Since you've always been good at... pretty much everything."

"So you admit that I'm better than you."

"I didn't say that..."

"Damn," you chuckled. "Well, I wouldn't be too jealous."

"...Why?"

"Because... When you're good at a bunch of stuff, people expect you to be good at everything, and when you're not, they get disappointed," you smiled, looking over at him while he met your gaze.