𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.

⊱ 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐔𝐏 ⊰

⊱ 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐔𝐏 ⊰

After a few hours of going on rides and winning/losing prizes, you decided to go on the Ferris Wheel before leaving. When you sat down next to Gorou on the ride, he stiffened up slightly before relaxing. He really wanted to ask how you were feeling, but fearing he would remind you of what happened, he stayed quiet until you spoke.

"Is this a date?" You asked.

His ear twitched and his eyes widened, "H-Huh?! Um, I guess it is... Are you okay with that?"

"Perfectly happy with it," you answered, glancing over with a smile. "I've never been on a nice date before."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I mean, did you see my last relationship? Jeez, I'm glad I got rid of him... Any of the dates we went on, he was either vandalizing stuff or on his phone talking to Mona."

"He was talking to someone else when he was on a date with you?" He blinked in disbelief.

The ride began moving, causing your body to shake, "Yep. But it was either that or not have anyone love me at all."

"What do you mean?"

"The only reason I was in a relationship with him was because at times, he made me feel special. I already told you part of that, I think. It's just... I think you can guess that I didn't really get love from anywhere else."

"...If you don't mind me asking, uhm... where's your dad?" He questioned.

"Mm-" You hummed. "I'm not sure. After my sister died, he left one day without any explanation. I caught him in the middle of the night, trying to sneak out. He said he was getting me a present... What an asshole."

"He just left?"

"Yeah. I'm pretty over it now. I was young, and thinking back on it, I'm probably better off without him if he was willing to leave me like that, y'know?" You said. "What about yours, though? I've never seen him in family photos on your walls or anything."

He was hesitant to answer the question, but he decided it would only be fair since he was inquiring about you.

"Ah... My mom kicked him out when I was still a kid," he replied. "He quit his job to try music, but it didn't work out, so he ended up broke and couldn't pay the bills."

You were surprised to learn this information. You never would've guessed that no matter how many times you went to his house, but you could tell in his eyes how much it still affected him. You chose not to press on the topic anymore, despite how curious you were. Instead, you reached over and held his hand. His ear twitched and he looked down at your hand in surprise.

"I won't ask anymore. But just so you know, it'll be okay."

"Thanks, Y/n," he smiled, meeting your gaze.