𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐈𝐈𝐈: 𝐤𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐤𝐚

III

III. AYAKA

During freshman year, Ayaka dated someone who wasn't exactly known for his good reputation. He was loud and boisterous, but she found it endearing. Their relationship didn't last long; only four months. But still, it caused her to worry for what her future relationships would be like.

Arataki Itto was the first real boyfriend she ever had.

"Ayaka, are you going to eat?" Ayato asked as his younger sister poked at her dinner with her fork.

"A-Ah, I'm sorry!" She stammered. "I didn't realize... I'll save it for leftovers."

"Alright," he nodded, standing up and whisking her plate away as he left to the kitchen.

She sat at the dining room table, rhythmically tapping her fingers on the wood as she lost herself in her thoughts. Itto's suspension had finished that day, so she was forced to see him again. As expected, he either didn't notice her discomfort or completely brushed it off. He was always somewhat clueless that way. She stood up and sighed, ready to head back upstairs.

"I'll be in my room."

"Love you!" Ayato called.

"Love you too," she said, starting her journey up the stairs.

"Itto, what are you doing?"

"You'll see, just hold on! Don't take the blindfold off."

"Okay...?"

All she could hear was the shuffling of feet and the sound of paper, but she still had no idea what he was planning. She was tempted to peek, but she decided not to ruin the surprise for herself. Finally, Itto stood behind her and put his hands on her shoulders.

"Okay, you can look!" He grinned.

She lifted the blindfold off her head and gasped, seeing a giant sign hung between two trees. She blinked and froze out of shock. She wasn't expecting this of all things. 

'Will you be my girlfriend?'

"So... What do ya say?!" He exclaimed, smiling both from nervousness and excitement.

She turned to face him with a smile, "Of course I will, Itto."

His grin widened, showing more of his teeth, "Cool! That's cool! So, uhm, is it okay if I... kiss you?"

"Pfft, I would like that."

⊱✿⊰

"You didn't have to get me anything for Valentines Day..." Ayaka said as she sheepishly looked off to the side.

Itto smiled as he held the bouquet of roses, "Oh, c'mon! Who doesn't get their girlfriend a present for Valentines Day? Just accept it!"

She gently took the flowers and smiled to herself. They were fake roses, but it still meant a lot. She'd only ever gotten gifts from people who never signed their letters, so she never had any idea who they came from. Besides, at least she wouldn't have to worry about the flowers dying.