𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚒𝚡.

⊱ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔 ⊰

ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ꜱᴄᴇɴᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀɪɴꜱ ᴀ ʙɪᴛ ᴏꜰ ɢᴏʀᴇ! ᴀʟꜱᴏ, ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴏʟʟᴏᴡɪɴɢ ꜱɪᴅᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ᴀʀᴇ ʙᴏᴛʜ ᴜɴᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ. ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ ꜱɪᴅᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ɪꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀꜱᴛ ɪ ᴘʟᴀɴ ᴏɴ ʀᴇʟᴇᴀꜱɪɴɢ.

Makoto was walking down the dimly lit sidewalk, her heels clicking against the pavement as she frantically glanced around, making sure no one was present. Her breathing was heavy and her panic was gradually rising as disembodied sounds scattered all around her.

"Oh god, oh god, oh god..."

She hurried faster until she began passing an alley, where she was abruptly pulled inside and shoved against a brick wall. She sucked in a breath through gritted teeth and winced, aimlessly kicking and throwing her arms around to try hitting her assailant. However, it didn't do any good.

She opened her eyes, but she had hardly enough time to comprehend who was in front of her before he impaled her stomach with his knife. She gasped and stared into his eyes with horror of what was taking place, but she could do nothing.

A sinister grin took over his face as he dragged the knife from her stomach up to her chest, ripping her shirt, skin, and organs in the process. She gagged and coughed blood onto the man, but it didn't seem to faze him. If anything, it fueled his drive to disfigure her further.

She tried to scream, but blood was flooding her throat and suffocating her as he lifted her shirt and her insides poured out in a disturbing show of flesh. The man laughed maniacally as he watched her die, feeling his thirst for blood become satiated. His laugh morphed into a horrific scream as the light from Makoto's eyes died.

Kunikuzushi shot upright with beads of sweat resting on his forehead as he breathed heavier by the second, his mind recalling each detail of the nightmare he'd just experienced. His eyes were teary, though he wiped it away.

His lips quivered and his breathing quieted, though it still trembled. He still trembled.

━━━━⊱✿⊰━━━━

"I'll be fine, seriously. Childe will be there, and he'll take literally any chance he gets to kick Scaramouche's ass, trust me."

"I just... thought you wanted me to go with you," Gorou replied as you slipped your arms through the sleeves of your coat.

"Y'know, I would really love that, but I don't want you ending up with a broken leg or something. Besides, this can be your chance to talk with Kokomi about... yesterday," you said. "Call her, please."

He sighed and bit the inside of his cheek as his ears drooped, "Okay... I'm not sure if she'll pick up, though."

"Then at least you can say you tried."