twenty-five

"Alexia, we need to talk"

I sighed audibly, "I know."

He threw his head up, surprised by my response. He kept opening his mouth like a fish out of water. "You do? Good that's good. I just— I will wait. I don't know for how long but I will. I just need to know how long until you will give us a chance. I really really like you and I just want to be with you. I'll tell the people to stop pressuring you with their unsolicited advice. Tell me that you won't be afraid of the idea of us forever and I will get to call you mine eventually sooner than later."

Walking over to me he sat down in front of me, the ottoman and placed his hand on my knee.

"Please just tell me you'll give in. I know that you want to just forget about all the outside influences and just pretend right now that it is just you and me that would have already considered being with me?"

Grabbing his hand into mine and pulling them into my lap. "Yeah and I want to and I don't want to be scared about every single person." Picking up his fingers and playing them to ease the stress. "Answer this question and I trust you and everything, don't take this the wrong way but would you change completely the minute you get me and no longer act how you do not because I can't be with you if you do."

"Sweetheart of course not. I'll be the same well with some changes but I promise I'll never hurt you like that. The only pain I'll give you is the kind you'll like."

Sitting on his lap and straddling his legs I dropped one of my arms to his back while I ran my other one through his hair. He instantly wrapped his arms around and pulled me tighter to his chest.

"So baby will you choose me?"

Looking into his caramel eyes that I could get lost in I watched as his eyes were moving back and forth across my face searching for hesitation that I didn't want this at all. He was so wrong I wanted this so bad I was scared for him that minute Derek found out I would be saying goodbye to him. Ash was smart when he chose to put states in between him and the family. While I on the other hand just put miles hoping that they would keep their distance and not be interested in keeping up with my life. For the most part it's worked except for the out of the blue family dinners that are mandatory but never a warning about when.