twenty-nine

I've got murder on my mind

I know it's been a couple weeks but I'm still not over it. Infact I dont think I ever will be.

I found a recording of the game and I've watched it probably a thousand times not only to see my baby shining and scoring goals like— well like me. I've been fixated on her injury which looks so planned it's awkward to watch the other girls footing. It was purposeful there's no doubt about it.

Just wish I knew why.

I have a feeling it's part of this elusive thing Alexia hasn't told me about nor has Asher. They both get all clammy and freeze up the moment I mention anything about family. Even with my family Alexia about bolted like she'd rather get a couple hand tattoos and those suckers hurt like a bitch. So either there is this grand secret or they just don't get along very well.

My girlfriend instead of being a journalist and interviewing teams could be the player. I feel lucky to be in this position playing and with all the injuries I've had they are all minor ones. I know hers was minor too but it came at the wrong time and she had to forfeit everything that she had been working so hard for and she most likely haven't touched a soccer ball since then.

I now see why she fights so hard for sports journalism so that she can at least live vicariously through the teams.

I wish there was a way for me to get her to play professional soccer. I could ask my sisters once they get drafted but I don't even know if she even wants to play professionally anymore or if that's even possible especially since they'll be rookies.

If it was possible I would immediately do everything in my power just to get her a chance to live out her dream.

But today is about Asher and showing the scouting agents what he's got. Especially the one for the Atlanta team so he's not separated from his sister.

I'm sitting here all alone on the bleachers supporting him along with a handful of other parents since it's eight a.m. Alexia and the rest of the college students who are going to attend this are arriving and attending their classes and won't get here until at least noon. She wanted to be here bright and early with me but I made her go to her classes especially since she is almost done with all of them. I then proceeded to say that I would sit in the parking lot and wait for her which was immediately shut down with a resounding no.