thirty

Today I leave for my road trip again and another long week away from Alexia

Today I leave for my road trip again and another long week away from Alexia. I'm glad for having this opportunity now but it sucks that I have to keep leaving her every couple of weeks. I envy people who work in one place because every night they get to come home to their partner.

I didn't even get to say goodbye to her in person yesterday since she got really sick and didn't want me to come over in case I caught her sickness.

Getting on the plane I notice everybody staring at me like I'm about to freak out or something. I don't know why though. Slowly moving to the back of the bus like there is a jump scare about to happen I reach my seat and notice that someone has placed a blanket along with a backpack in my seat. I have two so technically I could share but there are plenty of others on the plane so that we don't have to sit next to someone unless we want to or you're a rookie. And of course Brett and Antohony share along with the other sets of best friends on the plane. I'm the captain and I don't need to share so I don't.

"Which one of you motherfuckers is sitting in my seat? I will make you walk to the east coast especially since all the surrounding seats are still open. Now tell me who thought it'd be funny to sit next to me." I got a plane full of laughter because apparently I'm the only one not in on the joke. Walking to the front the minute I spot the coach. "Coach, I have permission to kick whoever is sitting next to me off the plane right?"

Clearing his throat he looks at me like I'm an idiot. "I mean you can but it will probably cause some awkwardness at home. Do you like sleeping on the couch?" Huh. "Mason, why don't you go check in with the pilot."

Grumbling about why I can't just have straightforward answers but I do and I find Alexia just chilling in there munching on chips and whatnot. "Baby?" I am confused because I know damn well she was sick not even twenty-four hours ago. "What are you doing here? You have school this week." I said as I pulled her into a hug. "You know that were

"I already did everything for this week and your coach was begging me to come along to see what it would look like no matter which team picked me up so I said why not and here I am." She wasn't sick, she's a liar. "I faked it by the way I was packing and I knew you'd be able to get it out of me so instead of trying to lie to you over and over I just told you that. But this is a good surprise right?"