Chapter 3: The Ball

The small elf walked around the room, hopping every so second. He turned to look at them with a smile. Aerilyn placed her elbows on the table and placed her head on her open palm to relax her head. The elf jumped on the table and crossed his legs. "Hello everybody, my name is Professor Wizgiz, your teacher of metamorphosis." Stella turned her face around to Aerilyn, who responded with a weak smile.

She then turned her face towards Bloom, who giggled excitedly as this was her first lesson learning metamorphosis. Aerilyn had some knowledge of it, though she didn't practically find it interesting enough for her to learn in her spare time. She looked out of the window admiring the floral plants that resided outside the window, one the particular caught her eye.

An air lily that usually only grow in windy places ,as suggested in it's name, was her favourite flower that she would usually pick and place in her mini garden which stood on her balcony along with various other air-based plants. She lazily looked back in the classroom to see mirror floating at the edge of their table. Wizgiz instructed them to try to change their hair colour while looking in the mirror. She closed her eyes and concentrated in changing her hair colour, she thought of the colour white and focused on the particular colour. Picturing the white lilies she saw and the white clothes that she was wearing.

 After a moment, she opened her eyes and looked at her reflection, her eyes had lost its iris and as her mouth opened spikes of black bullets shot at her. She felt her throat constrict as the bullets wound tighter around her throat, she gasped for air, kicking and scratching at them. Her felt herself become lightheaded as her oxygen supply ran low. She gritted her teeth and screamed with what little oxygen she had left. "Magic Winx!"

Nothing happened.

She gasped as she looked at herself in the mirror. Blood gushed out of her eyes, she soon felt herself being dragged down and passed out to awaken herself in her classroom. Her classmates chatted amongst themselves not acknowledging her, she looked back to her mirror to see her hair had turn white. Wizgiz hopped onto her table and congratulated her.

Aerilyn excused herself to the toilet, but turned to walk outside of the school. She sat down on the steps, feeling the coldness of the stone through her clothes. She briefly brushed her fingers on her throat where she was chocked, brushing her fingers just below her eyes and brought her hand down on her lap. She stared at her hand for a while, imagining it covered in blood. She sighed and took a deep breath in before returning back to her classroom, she sat down on her seat and looked at the mirror before putting it down.  

"Okay this time it'll work for sure!" Bloom closed her eyes and concentrated, pressing her lips to a straight line and frowning. Her hair swirled around for a while before it drooped down. She exhaled a sigh of anger falling back in her bed, Aerilyn was standing next to Flora while Stella sat on the floor, opposite to Bloom's bed. "So all you have to do is pour a little bit of that liquid?" Flora nodded and placed the tube down next to the plant. "Yes it provides the plant with the nutrients it needs also speeding up the process of the growth."

Aerilyn picked up the tube and inspected it, she swirled the tube around, the water splashing against the tube's wall. A foul odour immitted for the tube and she quickly settled it down. She eyed the liquid resisting the temptation to spill the rest into the plant. "So what happens if you pour everything on the plant?" Flora gently stroked the plants leaves and inhaled a deep breath.

"Honestly, I don't know perhaps it would go crazy after a massive growth spurt in a small amount of time." She gently shook her head and picked up the tube and put a cork on the top. Aerilyn sat down next to Bloom whom was complaining that she couldn't do a simple transformation spell yet. "You have to concentrate!" Stella said with annoyance, she turned her face away with a scowl.