The Nightmare Beast

The Winx were walking back from a horror movie they watched in the cinemas with Musa complaining how Bloom ate all the popcorn. "Yeah keep on denying it Bloom we all know you shoved the popcorn down your hole." 

"I'm telling you it was Kiko!" 

"You know the parent-teacher meetings are coming up, dunno if I should be dreading it or be excited about it." Aerilyn said. 

"What is there for you to dread?" Flora asked.

"My father, he's so strict about this stuff it's annoying and it doesn't help if my mom feels in the mood to fight my father over it." 

"At least your parents will be there, these meetings bring nothing but sadness to me." Musa said. 

"Tell me about it, it's good my parents will be there but the last thing I want is for them to refuse to talk to each other through it all." Stella said.

As they was walking through the corridor, Aerilyn caught wiff of a rustling sound. "Did you guys hear that?" Tecna stopped in her tracks and nodded.

"It was a rustling sound." She said. The others dismissed it and went into their common room.

"Well good night everybody, I'm going to catch some z's." Stella said yawning. 

                                                   ✯✯✯

-do not question why she looks like she's been through both world wars

Aerilyn was laying on her bed awake, unable to shake the feeling of doubt and worry. Just then there was a loud scream from Stella's room. She got out of bed and opened her door peeking into the common room. She went out and opened Stella's door with the other behind her. 

"Stella are you okay, why were you screaming?" Flora asked. They all sat around her bed checking up on her. She held her pillow pale with fear. "I don't know, I was dreaming." Flora placed a hand on her forehead. "You poor thing, you must have had a nightmare." Stella pushed herself up and shook her head. "No no, it was much more than that, it was as if someone was watching me." 

"I told you something is in the air tonight." Aerilyn hummed in agreement. Musa shrugged her shoulders and yawned. "It was just a nightmare, no need to make a fuss, I'm going back to bed." She got up and left the room. Bloom placed a hand on Stella's hand and reassured her.

"Let's go back to bed, holler if you need anything Stella." 

                                                                                 ✯✯✯

Aerilyn dazed in and out of sleep, her eyes heavy. Before long she was swept into a dream. 

She was in a field surrounded by air lilies she picked one up and it dissolved into dust in her hand. The world around her turned dark, the grass dull and dark the sky brown and polluted. Her father appeared behind her. "Dad what is this, what's going on?" He pointed at her.