The Cloud Tower Codex

Everyone was looking at Faragonda dumbfounded. Mirta stood next to her listening in to the conversation and providing help to them. "We have to go study in cloud-tower?!" Aerilyn exclaimed. 

"You've got to be kidding me!" Stella said in despair. 

"Calm down girls, you know we have to protect the codex in cloud tower from Darkar." Aerilyn groaned. "But there has been no history of fairies and witches ever asking each other for help," Tecna said. 

"And that's where Mirta's advice has been most helpful." 

"Witches believe fairies have it easy, and teachers say that fairies wouldn't last 2 days in cloud tower," Mirta said. 

"They wouldn't last 2 days in the same room as me-" Aerilyn mumbled under her breath before being interrupted by Faragonda. "Fairies aren't slaves to pride as witches are right?" They all nodded. "Then if you are willing to take classes in cloud tower then Griffin is willing to ask for your help against the Trix." 

Aerilyn sighed. "Guess we have no choice." Bloom nodded. 

"We'll go."

                                                          ✯✯✯

They were walking into the cloud tower with Zing flying alongside them. Mirta being an ex-witch opted to go with them to help them with the classes. Unfortunately since cloud tower was so negative the pixies were unable to come along, much to Aisha's and Aerilyn's dismay. 

"I'm covered head to toe in white, I'll stick out like a sore thumb." Aerilyn said. 

"Not like our vibrant colors could do any better." Stella stated.

"Let's just hope we can band with the witches and fight against Darkar." When they arrived at the entrance of cloud tower they were met by two witches who introduced themselves as Professor Ediltrude and Professor Zarathustra, who seemed to understand the situation and accept them into the school without hassle. Also revealing that cloud tower was a living creature with roots and branches, being created by an ancient witch. 

Stella was of course incredibly disgusted by this, whilst Flora was concerned. 

They started their first class with Griffin teaching beginners about the rudiments of dark magic. The Winx of course was less than pleased doing such lessons. Aerilyn was resisting the urge to smack some witches for constantly looking at them in a distasteful manner. Stella seemed to care less about the attention, simply stating that they were 'jealous' of their style. 

Griffin told them that group work wasn't done in a witch's eyes, they could betray one another. Aerilyn rolled her eyes and scoffed.

                                                                    ✯✯✯

They were creating spheres of dark energy using their negative feelings. Griffin looked at Aerilyn with concern. "Dear dear, I have never seen such negative feelings created by a fairy." The witches looked over at her and tried to cover their shock. 

"Guess being in this place gives me violent feelings." Griffin raised her eyebrows. 

"Well, I must say, if you were a witch you'd fit right in." 

                                                              ✯✯✯

They were in the cloud tower libary with Bloom trying to reason with the witches as to why they had to work together.

"We don't need any fairies to protect cloud tower." Stella scoffed and rolled her eyes. 

"Well you did a spectacular time defending it last time."