Skyaldia

Aerilyn yawned as she floated around her room, having a week off school should've left her excited but her father was off doing 'kingly' duties. He'd rarely have time with her even on her own birthday. Her mother came in with a bowl of fruits and placed it on her coffee table. 

"You want some fruit sweetie?" Aerilyn shook her head. Her mother sighed and sat down on the bed. "You're mad that your father isn't here aren't you?" Aerilyn floated down to her bed. 

"I don't understand, I hardly get time off and when I do he's off doing whatever!" Her mother placed a hand on her shoulder. "Your father is a busy man ruling the richest planet in the magic dimension, I do try to ask him to take time off but he doesn't have much time." Aerilyn sighed.

"Even for his daughter?" Her mother got up.

"Come walk with me." 

They walked through the palace's backyard, and thousands of plants and flowers surrounded the place. They walked through an arch with flowers overhead and at the side. "I understand you want to see him more and you will." Aerilyn shrugged her shoulders. 

"You told me that last time." Her mother picked a flower and placed it behind Aerilyn's ear.

"Give your father a chance, he'll make it up to you." Aerilyn sighed and nodded. They came up to a dinner table with butlers around it. "In the meantime, care for dessert?"

"Are there anima cakes?" Her mother chuckled.

"Would it even be a dessert time if there wasn't?" Aerilyn sat down opposite her mother. The chairs were cushioned velvet with the table's rim golden. A small cake was placed down in front of her, completely white with a blue tint with hardened fondant as flowers and fruits placed around it. Aerilyn picked up her knife and fork and cut into the cake, happily taking a piece and biting into it. She picked up her glass and drank some water. She finished her cake and leaned back into her chair smiling. 

Just then her father walked in, a tall man with a white beard and hair having a light blue cape with a silver bodysuit. He had a large silver crown and a silver collar across his chest. "Aragorn, you've returned!" Her mother said, she went up to him and placed a kiss on his cheek. Aerilyn sat in her seat unresponsive. 

"Yes, I have, Aerilyn how are you doing in school?" She shrugged her shoulders. "Are you doing well in your studies, I hope you haven't been slacking ever since we placed you into that school." She groaned. "As the future ruler of Skyaldia, I expect you to be the best." 

"Yes I'm fine dad, thank you for asking how my well-being has been." Her father's face twisted in annoyance. "Now that is no way to be talking young lady, I wish for you to act disciplined." 

"Aragorn enough, why don't you ask her more personal questions that are not related to her studies." He stiffened up.

"Fine, have you found any new friends?" She nodded. "How are they?"

"They're fine." 

"Perhaps you want to elaborate-?" Aerilyn got up.

"Why are you even here, didn't you have kingly duties to attend to?" Her father sighed.

"Well I have finished those duties, so we can hang out as a family." Aerilyn scoffed.

"I don't have time for this." She shoved past her father and back into the palace, ignoring her father's shouts.

 She sat on her couch watching the 'Its Magix' show. Nothing interesting was happening, she lazily put strawberries in her mouth. Someone opened her door and she turned to look. Her father stood there with a scythe in his hands but a smaller version. "Come daughter, we have some training to do." She scoffed and turned around.