fourteen.

( continuing from last chapter. )

jack and i finished our food and started making our way back to the dorms. i really missed hanging out with jack.

" i'm guessing you haven't seen taylor's tweet? " jack asked looking at me.

" uh no. what tweet? " i said.

" i'm surprised you haven't seen it, it's going viral. " jack answered, showing me his phone.

@ taylorevanslol: fuck love i don't know how to feel about it :/

i looked at the bright screen confused. what did she mean by this?

" i don't.. i don't understand. " i said making eye contact with jack.

" like i said, try talking to her. maybe she's scared? " jack suggested.

" scared of what though? " i said thinking about things that could've made her say that.

" i mean you did mention she went through a pretty bad break up. so what if she's scared of loving someone again? has she dated since? "

i thought about jacks question for a few seconds before i remembered what taylor told me.

" s-she told me one time that she hasn't dated since the break up.. " i said quietly.

" how long ago was that? "

" um.. 3 years ago. " i stated.

" 3 years!? " jack exclaimed then sighed. " jesus finn. you gotta show tell her somehow. i think she likes you back to be honest. "

" i don't know how. i don't want to ruin our friendship. i've went 3 weeks without telling her anything. " i admitted. "how do you even know she likes me back? "

" your so clueless. maybe grace fucked with your head, i could've sworn you were smarter than this. " jack sighed. " i've seen the way she looks at you, god finn she used to write songs about you! who says she still doesn't? " jack said, stopping as we reached the guys dorm.

" i don't know man. " i said. i didn't really know what else to say about this situation.

" you need to show her that your different. that you don't want to break her heart. if anything, you want to give her heart a break. " jack said putting both arms on my shoulders.

" your right jack. maybe i can explain it in a song? if i'm not able to directly say it to her.. " i suggested.

" whatever helps you finn. i know you got this. " jack smiled. " you both deserve to be happy. "

***

i sat in my room staring at my notebook wondering how i could possibly confess my feelings for taylor. i don't want to come on as strong but i don't want her to completely miss the message.

what if jacks right though? what if she's scared of finding love again? what if she rejects me because she's scared she'll get heartbroken again? what if she doesn't believe me?