thirty four.

5:57pm. " millie come on! we don't wanna miss the sunset! " i shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

millie and i thought it would be a good day to take some pictures of nature and other shit. it's been two days since our talk or whatever it was, things have been normal between us and i'm grateful for that because she's one of my bestest friends.

we actually decided to surprise finn out in vancouver on thursday, which is in two days. millie and i talked to jack and then we talked to finn's parents, they were super nice to both us and really loved that they would get to meet me.

we already bought the tickets so now all we had to do was wait for the day to come.

" okay, i'm ready. let's go. " she said walking past me and out the door, a polaroid camera in her hand.

we walked behind the house and into the woods, snapping pictures of the sky and some plants.

" here, let's take a picture with the sky in the background. " millie said, taking out her camera.

millie held it up as we posed. the first couple of photos were funny and cute, then for the last one i pressed my lips against millie's cheek and snapped the photo.

" make sure you don't lose these. " i told her while i continued walking. " those are great. "

" don't worry, these will never leave my sight. " she replied, a pink tint stained her cheeks.

once the sky became completely dark, we began to head back to the house. we used the flashlights from our phones to help us see because it was pitch black outside. the only sounds were the leaves and twigs crunching under our feet, some small talk here and there.

we got back in the house and my hands were freezing. i walked into the bathroom and let my fingers run under warm water.

i walked out of the bathroom and into our room when i noticed millie looking at the pictures we took on her camera. a small smile was visible on her face, causing me to smile also.

" are you excited? " i asked as i began changing into some more comfortable clothing.

she looked up at me with a confused face. " what? "

" are you excited about going to canada. " i repeated, taking off my pants.

millie's eyes traveled down my body and stopped at my thighs, her face became more confused.

" what's with that scar? " she questioned, pointing at my upper thigh.

i looked down and remembered how i got it. " oh, i forgot about this. "

i walked over to the dresser to grab pants, i could feel millie's eyes still on me. " i think it happened in, " i paused for a second to think. " maybe september or october, but i took a walk off campus, stopped in front of this new store, then this guy comes and starts acting all weird, drags me to the side of the store, finn and gaten came out of no where and saved me but not in time because the guy had already cut me for whatever reason. "

i realized i said that all in one breath and began laughing.

" what is funny about that? " millie asked, somewhat giggling.