Chapter 6 ✨

Elias' POV

Silas, Kai and I change back into our human forms before emerging out of the woods, towards the house party we are attending tonight.

We were already buzzed after having a few drinks before leaving our pack. "Alright, we gotta walk in there, grab the hottest chicks we can find and get lucky tonight boys!" Kai prepares us excitedly, as we get closer to the party.

"Bro, Imma needs a few more drinks first," Silas informs Kai, which I quickly agree to, trying to avoid the topic of hooking up with girls tonight.

"Fine, fine, whatever," Kai responds as we walk into the decent-sized house, heading straight towards the kitchen to get more drinks in our systems.

Some of our friends are surrounding the kitchen counter, both werewolves from our pack and humans. The counter is littered with used and empty alcohol bottles and recyclable cups. "Yo! Silas, Kai, Elias! You guys made it!" Sebastian, the human throwing the party cheers, as he pours multiple shots of tequila.

"What's up man!" Kai greets him excitedly, while practically jumping over to him.

"Getting this party started mate. You guys gotta do shots with us," Sebastian declares to the three of us, to which we quickly agree to.

I mean, who wouldn't agree to free alcohol.

Tobias - definitely not us.

Soon enough, the three of us were taking shot after shot, with the others around us, before heading into the lounge with beers in our hands. I decide to take a free seat at the closest couch I can find, as I watch my friends greet others around them and attempt to pick up girls with the cheesiest pick up lines.

I intend to stay on this couch for the rest of the night, to prevent being dragged into Silas' and Kai's plans. The alcohol in my system helps simmer the need to find Ryder, knowing he's at this party as well.

My senses are heightened, unconsciously knowing he's close by.

It doesn't take Silas and Kai long to start making out with their chosen girls.

I wish I was able to be out in the open like them, but with Ryder. Taking a big gulp of my beer, I try ignoring the pain I begin to feel in my chest.

The mating bond was beginning to get stronger each day. Normally, wolves who find their other half would tend to mate within the first few days. If not, the chances of going into heat to rush the process are higher.

It was never good for unmated wolves to go into heat. It is nearly impossible to get through an entire heat without marking your mate. That's why rejection is an option, to prevent wolves who don't want to be marked by their other half of being marked, despite how down it's looked upon.

I sigh out loud, sitting back into the couch.

This is going to be a long night.

*

2 hours later

Tobias - so remind me, what was your amazing plan for the night?

Please not you too.

Tobias - oh yeah that's right, sit on the couch and pretend to not exist. And how did that work out for you?

Tobias points out my naiveness as I sit in a massive circle which I got dragged into by a drunk Silas and Kai who complained I wasn't having any fun. So now, I am sitting in a circle on the floor playing truth or dare with a bunch of drunk people. In all fairness, I'm also pretty drunk.