Chapter 21

Ryder's POV

"Alpha, there has been suspicious activity outside our pack borders recently. We can't confirm yet whether it is rouges, another pack or something else," the leader of my pack's warriors informs me.

"Thank you Rob, continue to patrol the borders, I'll add a few more guards to the rotation, just in case," I thank him before he leaves my office.

Arabella walks over to my left side, "activity outside the border? You don't think it's-"

"Rouges," Blaze finishes for her. "It has to be." He crosses his arms, as he stands to my right.

"We don't know yet if it is," I remind them both. "I sure hope not though, they know better than to be near our territory."

"And if it is?" Arabella questions.

I take a deep breath in. "If they break the treaty, we'll kill every last one of them," I confirm with them. "But that's only if they step into our territory, we can't risk breaking the treaty first."

Blaze and Arabella nods their heads, in understanding. Suddenly, my phone vibrates in my pants pocket. I fish it out, taking a look at the notification.

Come outside. - E

"Your boyfriend?" Blaze asks, making me nod my head. I begin tidying my desk a little, excited to see Elias, even though I didn't realise I was seeing him today. But, I'm definitely not going to complain.

"Blaze, work out who to put on for the extra shifts for the border. Arabella, can you run training today since I won't be able to make it," I quick tell the both of them before rushing out the door. "Thanks!" I quickly thank them.

"Whipped!" I hear Blaze yell back from inside my study, as I rush downstairs to go find my mate.

*

"That was fast," Elias tells me, as I hop in the passenger seat. "Did you run here?" He laughs at me, as I try to catch my breath after running all the way to Elias car, which is sat outside my packs borders.

"I missed you," I tell him honesty. Elias chuckles at that before leaning over the arm rest to kiss me on the cheek.

He lingers there for a little, "I missed you too," he whispers. I turn my head to face him so I can capture his lips for a kiss, which he reciprocates.

Elias is the first to pull away, making me miss his lips on mine immediately. I pout at him making him laugh again. "As much as I'll love to kiss you all day, I've got something special planned," he informs me.

I grin widely, "are you taking me out on a date Eli?" I ask, teasing him. Elias' face heats up a little, a hint of pink appearing on his cheeks.

"Well, you've taken me out already, and I wanted to spend time with you, and also felt bad for not being a good mate to you, so I wanted to take you out," he rambles on, embarrassed.

"Baby," I get his attention. "I'll love to go on a date with you," I tell him. He lets out a sigh of relief, making me smile. "And you're already a perfect mate," I remind him. "So, where we going?" I ask him, excited.

Elias smirks at him, "it's an surprise," he tells me the same words I told him when I took him on a date.

I groan, "that's mean," I whine.

Elias laughs, starting up the car, "paybacks a bitch." Elias puts the car in drive, taking us away from my packs territory. I grab the aux cord, connecting my phone to the car while pressing shuffle play, knowing the drive might be awhile.