Chapter 8

Ryder's POV

I fucking hate Mondays.

But I hate Tuesdays more than Monday's so at least it's not Tuesday.

Edmund - mate, it's Tuesday tomorrow though, ain't that worse.

Groaning at Edmund I begin cursing whoever created the concept of Monday's and Tuesdays.

Edmund - hey, hey buddy. At least it's lunchtime now. Edmund attempts to cheer me up. I've been in a shitty mood since Friday, the last time I was actually allowed to be near my mate. Since then all I'm able to do is watch him from a distance since he doesn't want his friends to find out we are mates.

I just want to touch him once, for fucks sake. I curse the moon goddess for giving me a mate who doesn't want to be mine in public. 

Unexpectedly, someone passes a note into my hand as I make my way to the cafeteria. I turn around to catch the back of my mates head walking away from me.

I quickly unfold the note in anticipation.

Meet in the upstairs bathroom - E

Immediately I make a u-turn practically running to the upstairs bathroom, excited to finally see my mate without having to hold myself back from attaching myself to him.

Soon enough, I'm making my way into the bathroom my mate is waiting in, locking the door behind me not wanting us to be disturbed.

I look at my mate who was standing a few feet away from me. But my mate does not look happy.

Actually, he is glaring at me.

Edmund - what the hell did you do to our mate man?

I didn't do anything!

Edmund - clearly you must've because he looks like he wants to kill you.

But I don't remember doing anything, I whine back at Edmund.

"Why the hell are your friends staring at me whenever they see me?" My angry mate asks me.

"Um," I stumble trying to come up with a reasonable lie. "I don't know," I state rather than question.

"Did you tell them?" He glares at me. I bite my lip while yelling at Edmund in my head asking him how I should respond. "Did you fucking tell them we are mates Ryder?"

Edmund - there's no point lying. He'll be madder later.

Not helpful Ed!

I slowly nod at my mate who was still glaring at me, slightly scared. "I told you I didn't want anyone knowing." Elias furiously tells me.

"I know, but Arabella guessed it the day at the diner and I couldn't lie to her. They're my best friends Elias," I admit.

"That's not fair Ryder," he tells me, grabbing his hair in frustration.

That's when I decide to put my foot down. "No, what isn't fair is you hiding me as if you're ashamed of me, we are mates. I don't care if people know Eli! I don't care if people have something to say about it or disagree with it because at the end of the day you're my mate!" I exclaim, equally frustrated.