Chapter 22 ✨

Elias' POV

My stomach feels odd. Tingles run under my skin, making me feel on edge. I think it's because Maverick knows about Ryder and I. Although, even though I don't think Maverick will tell anyone, it still makes me nervous.

I look up from the table, towards Maverick who's only sitting a few seats down on the opposite side of the lunch table, in the school canteen. Maverick notices me watching him and gives me a small smile, acknowledging me, before continuing his conversation with Altas and Rosalia.

My gaze is broken as Kai walks up to our table, with a six pack of donuts tucked under his arm, as he takes a seat next to me. "Where did you get Krispy Kreme donuts from?" Silas asks Kai, who's sitting across from me.

Kai places the donuts on the table, "I don't know, it was just in my locker," he says, opening up the packet. Silas gives me a "what the hell" look to which I shrug at.

We watch as Kai grabs one of the iced donuts and takes a massive bite of it. Immediately after placing it in his mouth, Kai spits out the donut in a hurry. "What the fuck?!" He yells, grabbing my water bottle, using it to clear his mouth.

"What the hell was that Kai?" Silas asks him, confused.

I pick up one of the donuts and sniff it, getting a whiff of toothpaste. I laugh as I put the toothpaste donut back into the packet. "Who the fuck would do this?" Kai demands angrily.

"I mean, do you really want me to answer that?" I ask Kai with a raised eyebrow. I look over to Ryder's table, taking note of Blaze who's looking in our direction and laughing with Arabella.

Kai follows my eye of sight, "I'm going to fucking murder him," Kai informs us in a deadly tone. Silas groans as Kai gets out of his seat and storms off towards Blaze's direction. Blaze quickly takes note of this and jumps out of his seat, running towards the exit. "No you fucking don't!" Kai yells out to Blaze, when he notices him trying to flee.

I laugh at the situation, as does most of the other students in the canteen. Silas shakes his head but I can tell he's also amused at the situation. We watch as Kai sprints out the door chasing after Blaze.

Knowing Kai won't be back for awhile, Silas turns towards me again, "where were you yesterday?" Silas questions me.

I gulp, taken off guard by the question. "Uh, you know me, just out and about for the day?" I try state but it turns out more as a question.

Silas hums, "sure," he gives me a weird look.

"Stop looking at me like that," I demand.

"Like what?" He asks, still giving me that look.

"Like you think I'm hiding something," I tell him.

Silas continues giving me the look, "do you have something to hide?"

I try my best to look offended, "No, why would I?"

Silas hums again, "I don't know. Why would you?"

I groan, knowing he's purposely trying to get under my skin. "You're annoying," I tell him.

"You're suspicious," he responds.

"I'm not!!" I yell out, capturing the attention of those around us by accident.