Chapter 28

Ryder's POV

The car slowly comes to a halt as I push down on the cars break pedal. Pulling the hand break up, and taking the keys out of the ignition, I exit my car. I walk up to my packs shared building, pressing the lock button on my car keys.

My pack members come to a halt as they see me walking by, their eyes widening, before bowing down as a sign of respect and greeting. I nod to those I walk by, letting them raise their heads again. Everything seems to be running smoothly here, meaning Blaze and Arabella are doing a good job at fulfilling my duties. I feel bad for leaving them alone for so long, but I'm sure they'll understand why I needed to leave.

I walk up the large staircase of the building, going to forth level, where my office is resided. This level is off limits to all other wolves, except myself, my second and third in command, and the head warriors. All other wolves need my permission to enter this floor.

Pushing open the door to my office, at the end of the hallway, I find Blaze sitting in my chair at my desk. "Whoever's there, knock before entering," he mumbles before he raises his head, his eyes meeting my own. Immediately his eyes widen at the site of me in the doorway, "Ryder!" He exclaims.

"Hey buddy," I greet him, a smile forming on my face. I have missed him. Blaze jumps up from my chair as he runs around the desk towards me. He doesn't hesitate to wrap his arms around my waist, with his head resting against my chest while I hug him back with my arms wrapping around his neck. I lean down to rest my head on top of his, while we stay in that position for a minute.

"Fuck man," Blaze swears, breathing my scent in. "I missed you dickhead," he tells me, pulling away before slapping me on the chest. But I don't get angry, knowing I deserve it for disappearing on him.

I can't help but smile at that, "I'm sorry," I say sincerely.

Blaze groans, "goddess, I can't even stay mad at you," he says, annoyed.

"How's everything going here?" I ask him, as we walk further into the room, Blaze walks back over to my chair, sitting on it, which I don't mind, after all he's been doing all the work and he's my best friend.

Blaze groans out, looking down at the piles of paper spread out over the desk, "I didn't realise how stressful being fully in charge was, how you manage to do all this, school and have a life amazes me," he tells me honestly, looking back up at me, making me laugh.

"Well, normally I have the help of you and Arabella but I guess I was just used to it, thank you for taking care of this for me," I tell him seriously. He just waves his hand at that, indicating it was okay.

Blaze looks down at the papers again, "there's still been steady movement outside the borders, Rob confirmed that it is in fact Rouges, but still uncertain if it's you know who," Blaze informs me, looking back up at me, waiting for my reaction.

I groan at that, silently praying it's not them. "They should know better if it is them, but as long as they stay outside our borders we cannot do anything, we'll just have to keep an eye on them," I tell him, frustratedly. Blaze nods at that, informing me that he's upped the amount of wolves on border patrol.

We continue to talk about what I missed within the pack until footsteps halt outside my office door. Blaze raises his head to the person standing in the doorway, while I turn around to see Arabella who dropped her iced coffee on the floor at the sight of me.

"Ryder!" She yells, running towards me and jumps on me, while crushing me in the process. I hug her back, as she nearly chokes me with how tight her arms are around my neck is.

"Don't kill the man," Blaze tells her, seeing me struggle underneath Arabella. "We just got him back."

Arabella pulls away from me, "whoops," she says apologetically.