Chapter 17

AN: tell me something positive which has happened to you this week. I've had an mentally and emotionally draining week so let me hear something good from your own <3.

Elias' POV

I hear a knock at my bedroom room door, before it gently gets pushed open. Samuel, my father, leans against the door frame, peaking into my room.

"Are you okay Elias?" He asks me. "You've hardly left this room for the past few days, it's starting to worry your mother and I."

I look over to my father with heavy eyes from exhaustion, and a broken heart. I've hardly slept since I walked out on Ryder. My chest hurts more than normal, I can't help but wonder if maybe it's from Ryder, despite not being fully mated yet.

I nod at him, "yeah, I'm fine," I cough clearing my croaky voice. "Just stressed with Silas' birthday party and that," I lie.

Samuel nods, while walking into my room. "Hm, well everything is already sorted for tonight, I'm sure Silas will love it," he tells me. We are throwing Silas an 18th birthday party at the pack house tonight, inviting all of our pack members and some friendly packs of ours, in hopes to find Silas' mate.

"I hope he finds his mate," I say genuinely.

Samuel sits down on the bed beside me as he nods his head in agreement. "I hope so too," he responds. "Maybe you'll even find your mate at the gathering, as well."

I sigh deeply, ignoring the pain in my chest when I think of my mate and how we left things.

Or I left things.

"Yeah, maybe," I murmur to Samuel.

Samuel watches me for awhile before speaking again, "I hope you know that no matter what, your mother and I will always love you, Elias. No matter what," he promises me while smiling at me gently.

I respond with a small smile of my own. I'm 95% certain that Samuel and Samantha won't have a problem with me being mated to Ryder. They never personally had an issue with Ryder or his pack, it was only till Silas and Ryder became teenagers when the rivalry started.

There might be a issue with what would happen with my status in the pack; would I stay as Silas' Beta or would I leave my pack and join Ryder's as their Luna.

My whole life has been set as Silas' Beta. Now that I've found my mate, my life is no longer certain. Would my pack reject me for being mate with our enemy?

My main problem was Silas and Kai, but primarily Silas. The three of us never saw eye to eye with Ryder and his friends growing up. Kai's main issue lies with Blaze, so I don't think he'll be too mad over Ryder being my mate; besides the fact that he might have to see Blaze more regularly.

Silas, on the other hand, would be shocked and upset that Ryder is my mate. I don't truely understand why their hatred for each other runs so deep, maybe it's just their Alpha genes clashing.

I'm terrified of Silas finding out that I'm mates with Ryder, and have no idea how he will react. Would he hate me? Would he still want me as his Beta still? And even if he did except it, I know deep down that Silas would still wish that my mate could be anyone else.

Goddess, I wish Silas and Ryder weren't bloody enemies.

"I'll leave you to get dressed," Samuel says, pulling me out of my thoughts. "We'll meet you down stairs so we can go over to the pack house together," he tells me before leaving my room, shutting the door after him.

I stay sitting on my bed for a few moments before I decide to get up the head towards my closet. I pull out my suit, which I ironed earlier, for Silas' 18th tonight. Since he is the Alpha, and majority of the pack will be there tonight and even other packs, everyone will be in formal wear.