Chapter 7

Elias' POV

I wake up with a raging headache the following morning. Looking around my familiar messy room, I can't seem to recall exactly how I got back home last night. But, at least I made it home.

I can recall of the many times after a massive party of waking up in ditches, the forest, at the party itself, or even one time in my backyard. But, I guess I still made it home that time, just not to my bed.

My eyes drift over to my bedside table to which I notice a glass full of orange juice, with two tablets beside it. Groggily, I stretch my aching arm to reach the orange juice and tablets, and catch a glimpse of a sticky note beside it.

You fell asleep in the car on the way home so I carried you to bed. Don't worry, no one saw me. Drink and take the tablets, it'll help with the headache. - R

Tobias - awe, he's so caring. Tobias purrs happily.

With a massive smile on my face, I swallow the tablets and orange juice.

*

Ryder's POV

"You can't still be annoyed at me," Arabella sighs irritatedly across the diner booth we are sitting at.

Ever since scolding her after she hit my mate, I've been giving the cold shoulder to my Delta. In all fairness, I understand why she's so confused by my bizarre attitude. We have always fought with the Sage Moon pack and never backed down from a fight. It's not her fault, she doesn't know he's my mate.

"Why do you care so much anyways?" She pushes trying to understand my sudden change of feelings.

"It ain't the first time we've hit any of them," Blaze adds from beside me, shoving a handful of fries in his mouth.

"I know," I sigh stressfully.

Arabella watches me intensely squinting her eyes. "it's not like he's your mate or anything," she says watching me with her cat-like eyes.

I quickly look down at the diner table trying to avoid my Delta's prying eyes. I didn't want to deny my mate but I also know Elias wouldn't want anyone to know. My breath hitches in my throat as I try controlling my breathing, trying not to give anything away.

"He is-" Arabella stops herself carefully. "He is your mate. Isn't he?" Arabella asks curiously, making Blaze stop shoving his face abruptly.

I slowly look up at my best friends who were both watching me. Arabella had her usual neutral face on, while Blaze was clearly shocked and confused.

I know Elias will murder me if I tell anyone. But, I didn't want to hide my mate, especially from my Beta and Delta. I wasn't ashamed of him. I wanted him as my mate, as the Luna to my pack. It didn't matter to me that he was my enemy's Beta.

"He is," I declare to my best friends.

"Wait, wait," Blaze says trying to swallow his food with a big gulp. "Elias Sage is your mate?" I nod. "Why the hell are we just finding out about this?!"

"Because he doesn't want anyone to know," I sigh leaning back into the booth seat.

"If I knew he was your mate Ryds I wouldn't have hit him, man," Arabella tells me sincerely. "Now I feel fucking bad." She curses herself for hurting her future Luna.