Chapter 24 ✨

Elias' POV

A groan leaves my lips as I pry open my tightly shut eyes. Light shines in brightly from the curtains of the bedroom. My brains tries to register my surroundings and what happened yesterday as I pull my sore body into a sitting position on the bed.

Looking around the bedroom, I notice Ryder's side of the bed empty with the sheets ruffled, indicating he was sleeping there moments ago. I pull the sheet away from my body, only to notice my bottom half completely bare. It doesn't take a genius to guess what activities Tobias was up to last night.

Where are my boxers? I ask Tobias in my head only to get no response. I can feel Tobias somewhere inside me but not conscious, indicating he is probably resting.

I drag my legs over the edge of the bed, my ass hurts a little as I sit on it. But I know Tobias and Edmund didn't go all the way, thankfully. I don't think I'm ready yet, and I also don't want to go all the way while I'm in heat.

My mind can't help but drift towards thoughts of Ryder. Where is he right now? I miss him. Even though it's only been a few hours since I last saw him, I can't help but want him to be close to me. It's probably the heat making me feel so clingy.

"Argh," I groan out as I try pulling my sore body off the bed and onto my two feet with all my strength. I didn't realise heat makes you so weak and exhausted.

I'm about to lose my footing until a steady weight grabs hold of me, keeping me on my feet. My heart skips a beat at the contact of my mates touch. "Sit back down," Ryder instructs me in a low voice. I listen to him and sit down.

Ryder stands in front of me while my hands stay holding onto his arms. I look up at Ryder as he looks down at me intently, with dark eye bags under his eyes. Did he even sleep last night?

"Are you okay?" He asks me first.

I nod at him, "yeah, wolves just have more stamina than us. Are you okay? You don't look good," I ask worriedly.

Ryders dark eyes drift down slowly to lips and linger there for a little before they drift back up to my eyes. "I'll be okay," he tells me. I don't feel too convinced by that, something is bothering him. Ryder reaches over to the bedside table, grabbing the glass of water and brings it over my lips, "drink."

My lips part and I let him tip the glass of water into my mouth slowly. I tip my head back as Ryder rests one of his hands to the back of my head while the other one feeds me my drink.

Some of the water spills down the corner of my mouth and drips down my chin. Ryder puts the glass of water back onto the bedside table before he leans down towards my face. I hold my breath as Ryder's tongue traces from my chin to my lips, licking the water that escaped. The action sends me into a daze. Ryder nibbles on my bottom lip making me part my lips to him.

Ryder had full control and I gave it to him willingly. I had no desire to fight him. Nor did I want to.

I wrap my arms around the back of Ryder's neck and pull him down onto the bed on top of me. I lean back into the bed flat, as Ryder climbs on top of me, towering me. Ryder holds onto my face with both hands tightly, while one of my hands still holds onto the back of his neck and the other travels through his brown messy hair.

He leans down to capture my lips in a heated kiss. Our lips fit so perfectly together, as if they belonged together like this. Our bodies fit flawlessly together, every curve, every limb, every touch was meant for each other. I kiss him back just as passionately with every strength I can muster. It didn't matter that I was exhausted or sore all over.