your not who i thought you were

tw @buse, bad language

y/n pov

'goodbye dweebs' i wave to ned and peter as i leave the school. Wincing with every step mj sneaks up beside me.

'are your okay?' mj questions. I should have known better nothing gets past her.

'y-yeah' i say stumbling over a rock again. She gives me a look 'really im fine mj' she doesn't look convinced but turns off to go to her house. I sigh and begin walking down the street. Midtown was quite far from my current orphanage. It takes about an hour to get home everyday, well if you could even call it a home. Mr Wallace the head of the orphanage was a man around his late 40's and his punishments were something.

Some days i was beaten senseless and couldn't move for days. Of course this worried my friends but what could you do. I was crossing a road when i saw a car speeding and a woman around late thirties maybe early 40's and she walking right in the path of it. I run forward pushing her out of the way the car nicks the back of my foot making it bleed. The woman with strawberry blond hair looks at me. We are on the path now and she pulls me into a hug which i was very surprised by. I wasn't very used to affection. She pulls away.

'thank you, i honestly cant even think of what would have happened if you didn't save me' i just shrug.

'its nothing miss really' i smile standing there awkwardly i never do well with people. She smiles and hands me 20 dollars i look at her with a shocked expression. 'uh i cant except this miss really'

'it's the least i can do' she holds it out further. Hesitantly i take it

'thank you' i nod and begin my way again. On my way home i pass a phone store. Looking at the sign and than the money in my hand i go it to get my phone fixed. I didn't realise how long it takes so i end up staying for around half an hour. When i get my phone back i pay the man there and leave.

Now its probably almost 4 and i have curfew at 5 so i should hurry and get home.

Time skip 30 minutes later

I kick another rock on the ground when it begins to rain. Yay. Honestly i love the rain its my favourite weather i dont even mind getting wet and being cold. The rain picks up and im already drenched by the time i get to the gates of the orphanage. It was an old, large house in between 2 buildings quite out of place if you ask me. I push open the gate only a bit so i could slip through and so it wouldn't make a noise. Checking the time i realise im 3 minutes late shouldn't be to bad right??

I open the large wooden doors walking the hall trying to sneak up to my room. Just as i get to the rail of the stairs i hear my name being bellowed from the study. On the dark day you could see the light coming from the small yellow lamp in the room. I drop my bag off my shoulders leaving it by the stairs pocketing my phone i go to the study standing by the door and i see him with 2 woman in their 20's sitting with him or well on him.

'yes mr wallace' i say looking down at the puddle of rain water pooling at my feet. Dramatically he looks at the clock than back to me.

'your late' he says standing up

'im sorry sir, i got held up' i barely explained myself before receiving a slap to the face.

'pathetic child your ruining my floors' he says whacking my shins with his cane. If you know what getting your shins hit felt like you would know how painful that was. He lifts his cane instead of hitting me he uses it and walks over to a small door under the stairs. Inserting the key he keeps around his neck he opens the door. Hitting my head with the cane i make my way to the door beginning to walk down the stairs obviously it wasn't fast enough for him as he jabs the cane into my back rather harshly and i fall down the hard wooden stairs. i hear the door lock and my body slams into the ground of the coal bin. I feel a stabbing pain in my lower back and sit up just to see blood over one of the spikes for the fire. Well shit. Reaching my hand to my back i feel warm liquid. I wince and wipe the blood on the floor. Leaning against the wall of the coal bin i pull out my soaked phone probably shouldn't have put it in my pocket of drenched pants.

Opening the messages app i realise none of my contacts were here. 'dammit' i groan realising i forgot to back up my phone before they fixed it. O well. I think i know mj's number she usually helps with this sort of thing.

y/n

hey im in the hole again

do you think its efficient if i just burn the stab wound shut or

???

Excuse me......

WHAT?!?!???!!

y/n

hmm

im assuming your not mj

???

I can confirm im not this mj you speak off

May i ask why your asking about a stab wound

Are you hurt

y/n

well no shit sherlock

???

Language

y/n

??

???

Bullying a friend

Anyway care to explain how you got stabbed

y/n

no not really

bye for now

???

Wait

Nope their gone.

y/n pov

i realise ill have to do this one on my own. I grab one of the iron rods you use to poke the fire and hold it in my hand warming it up by engulfing my hand in flames. When i let go the tip is orange i look at it for a sec before going over to the 100 year old mirror which you could barely see though pulling my jumper off i turn around so i can see the wound. With one hand i hold the wound closed. For the most part anyway. And hold the rod up to my back. Hissing in pain when the hot metal touches my skin i can see the skin beginning to burn shut effectively closing the wound. I drop the rod once its done and strip off the rest of my layers. Now in just a shirt and bike shorts i hang my clothes up by the fire to dry while i move more coal into it to keep warm. Sitting in the corner of the room i curl up resting my head in my knees.

a/n

another requested book. but love the story so far