"going out"

y/n pov
"how are you feeling about ned" mj asked me still with her arms wrapped around me.

"really fucking guilty" i responded keeping my head on her shoulder.

"its not your fault y/n" she assures me. "its the stupid people that invaded the place" she held my head staring at me.

"yeah but still" i mumbled. "everyone still got hurt, and ned's dead. mj he's dead" i had tears in my eyes again. i had barely been able to cry since what happened but now it seems so easy.

mj had tears in her eyes and she smiled sadly. "it's okay to cry, and it's alright to fold. but you are not alone" after she said that i started crying.

she rubbed my back soothingly. mj was only affectionate towards me and i never knew why. i guess because we grew up together. there's nothing we don't know about eachother. well almost nothing.

"how are you feeling then. and don't think i didn't catch the billie reference" she lets out a short laugh.

"i'm okay. of course it hurts but it's apart of life. even if his life was taken to soon" mj spoke her wise words once again. "why don't we go visit him tonight, then we can go explore some place or you can mess around with your powers in the forest" she offered.

"visiting ned absolutely. i owe it to him for missing the funeral. but let's just go to the skate park or something. and get high i don't have a lot of energy" i joked but i don't think mj thought i was joking. "i'm kidding"

"are you" she raised an eyebrow. "i'll ask my mother if we can go after dinner" i nodded and laid down fully stretching out in her bed.

which only caused her to be complexly squashed under my weight. "peters going to harley's" i mentioned

"their probably gonna sad fuck" i was taken aback by her words completely shocked at how causally she said that.

"i'm sorry what" i rose my eyebrows at her. "i know peter likes him but their just friends. and why fuck when he's sad"

"oh babes they are more than friends. you haven't had to hear harley's rants about how gorgeous peter is" mj rolled her eyes with a smirk.

"oh my god, they would actually be so cute" i smiled and laid my head back down.

"speak of the devil. harley snapped me" she said grabbing her phone from under her as she had laid on it when i pushed her over.

she smirked at the snap and showed me a photo of peter laying on him in the same position we were in.

"oh my gosh. friends don't cuddle like that" i smiled and she took a photo of us in the same way he did.

after that however she hid her phone from me i believe still texting the blond. "what are you saying"

"nothing hush" she pushes my head down and smiled at her phone. i sit up trying to grab her phone off her but she holds me back still texting.

the girl lifts her legs wrapping them around my waist and slamming me into the bed. what the fuck. i try to thrash around and eventually i wiggle out of her legs but by that time she had turned her phone off and was staring at me amused.

"what were you talking about" i squinted at her she just smirked and shrugged.

"GIRLS DINNER" mjs mum called and i jumped out of bed running to the kitchen.

"you love that lasagna more than anything" mj rolled her eyes.

"as i said garfeild is my spirit animal" i informed her when she joined us in the kitchen.

"good evening y/n" mjs dad came over giving me a side hug before doing the same for mj. i really was apart of their family at this point.

i helped to set the table putting the good set of cutlery in my spot. giving mj the bad ones. and for the people that say it's all the same. it's not. we all got our dinner going to the dining table.

"any plans for tonight girls?" mjs dad questioned.

"yes actually. can we go out for a couple hours. we'll be back by 11" mj asked and her parents shared a look.

"i don't know if that's the best idea" her mum said. "after everything y'know" she seemed sincere

"we were gonna go visit ned. cause i missed the funeral and stuff" i mumbled which made the adults give me sad looks.

"okay fine but your back by 10 or y/n can't come over for a month" her dad said to make sure we knew how serious he was.

we nodded and agreed before we finished dinner offering to clean the kitchen. by 7 o'clock we were out of the apartment starting our walk through queens.

the cemetery wasn't that far considering one was built near avengers tower after the whole attack on new york thing a couple years ago.

that's where mj told me ned was. "i feel like we should invite peter and harley" i said knowing he also missed it and they were best friends.

mj nodded pulling out her phone. "they will meet us there" she said. and i was shocked at how fast she texted and whoever answered.

somethings up. did they plan something before this or something.

10 minutes later we made it to the cemetery at the same time the boys did. they both seemed flustered and i was intrigued.

"we'll give you guys some time" harley and mj said leaving us alone. if i didn't know harley was smitten for peter i would assume those two liked eachother which would be hard to watch in my case.

i was at a loss for words. i didn't know what to say but tears silently rolled down my cheeks as i read the engravings on the tombstone over and over.

i sat with my knees pulled to my chest wrapping my arms around myself. peter was in a similar position just looser.

i studied his teary face and i knew he felt the same amount of guilt as i did.

mjs pov
"so yeah, i asked him out and he said yes" harley gushed. "well actually he said a bunch of words i don't quite remember but it meant yes" he chuckled.

"well i'm happy for you guys" i told the boy and he laughed
"the Michelle jones happy for someone. am i dead?" i rolled my eyes at his comment but he spoke up again.

"so are you gonna ask y/n out" he questioned himself. i sighed and shrugged.

"i don't want to ruin our friendship. like we've always been close and flirty and touchy but that's cause we grew up together" when i said that however he rose his eyebrow.

"yeah cause friends lay on eachother chests and cuddle like you's do" he shakes his head. "she likes you. i'm sure of it. why don't you ask her out tonight that way you have the weekend before you see her again at school" he suggested

"she's staying the night"

"of course she is"