snow state

y/n pov

i feel more comfortable in the cell now i wasn't in day old wet clothes the space almost feels safer than before if thats even possible, more safer than a 'home' even. i could tell it was late as there was no extra sounds around. i was bored again at peace however i feel myself getting into what mj called my snow state. 

basically its just me completely relaxed and my powers kinda trip up. like before i begin to make snowflakes they dance around the room. ms romanoffs clothes were oversized but comfortable they were also so warm. i create more snow and before i know it the cell is surrounded in snow a winter wonderland if you will. i believe my snow state is where im most vulnerable no one has witnessed my snow state and i don't plan on letting anyone see it any time soon.

i remember how i figured it out, it was late and i was exhausted. i was in the woods wiping blood from my nose as i had just received another beating and my head was pounding. i had gotten to tired to keep myself up and i dropped to my knees as a silent tear rolled down my cheek, nothing more than a single salty tear. that day i felt off i just couldn't put my finger on it. i rested my head on the grass and took a deep breath. i began feeling something wash over me. and when i looked up again snow was around me in a perfect circle i was so confused i thought i could only make harsh ice and lots of fire but here i was surrounded in snow. that night i learned i was more than i thought

tonight i feel safe, for some reason being under a roof of a bunch off famous assassins and powered people comforted me in a way. i lay flat on my back on the floor as snow floated around me like a snow globe. without noticing i started humming eventually singing the song six feet under. (honestly idk i was gonna do lights are on or tANGERine but than i wanted to do six feet under)

wandas pov

i woke up next to nat, i barely remember falling asleep i woke from another nightmare. natasha was a light sleeper sometimes but she could be out cold other times. i really didnt want to wake her. i slipped out of bed and carefully left the room. outside the door i take a deep breath as the door closed completely. i stand in the hallway for a second still shaken from seeing my twins lifeless eyes in my dreams again before heading to the kitchen to make some tea. 

a couple minutes later i hear soft singing echoing through the vents its to smooth to be clint if he could even sing. the voice was feminine effortlessly perfecting each note. i didnt recognise the voice  but they sounded great.

it seemed to be coming from downstairs but no one was down stairs. other than the kid in the cell. the kettle boiling breaks me out of m thoughts but gives me another. i grab another mug putting a tea bag in it and fill the both cups with the boiling water. holding the tea i get in the elevator that was just near the kitchen. 

'downstairs please friday' i ask as the AI seems to know exactly which floor i want and begins descending down. the lift doors open with a ding and i continue the path down to where the cells were. 

it takes a second to get the doors open but when they do i step in to see her looking at me in anticipation. 

'hello' she says looking at me many emotions behind her eyes. 

'hey' i smile opening the cell door. when i enter i see a bit of snow around the walls of the room, i guess thats one of her powers. i pass her the drink and take a seat in the cell next to her 

'y-your not gonna leave' she asks confused 'or sit on the chair on the other  side of the glass?' she asks again. the side of my lip twitches up into small smile 

'no, here i treat everyone as equals, i was once in your very same position. except i wanted to kill the avengers' i tell her honestly, her brows frow together trying to figure something out but she shurgs and thanks me for the tea. 

'what are you doing up so late' she asks me 

'i just woke up randomly at night and couldnt fall back asleep'i lie 'but i herd you singing, it was beautiful'. she blushes at the compliment 

'o-oh you herd that. sorry for bothering you' she apologises looking at the warm drink. i smile taking a sip of my tea

'so whats you name' i ask. i knew from natashsa but i wanted to see if she would tell me 

'y/n, i never really liked it from who i was named after but other than that its a beautiful name' she says biting her lip

'it is a beautiful name' i comment she nods 'why were you up this late?' i ask the same question 

'its hard to tell the time in a place with no windows. i figured it was late tho' she says wrapping her hands more around the cup 'what time uh exactly is it' y/n asks me i pull out my phone and see the screen light up. 

'its 3:47am' i smile and she nods not surprised. we sit in a comfortable silence until y/n yawns. 'ill let you sleep, goodnight y/n' i smile getting up going to the door grabbing her half eaten bowl off soup as well. 

'goodnight wanda' she smiles, i nod and smile before leaving back to bed. 

y/n pov

when i had herd the doors opening i melted as much snow as i could but some still remained on the sides wanda maximoff or the scarlet witch walked in with 2 cups in her hand. how she knew i was up was a mystery. 

...

the sokovian had just left it was nice to have the company but i understood i needed to get some rest especially if nat was coming in at her usual time tomorrow. i go over to the bed that was more of a bench but still more comfortable than my bed at the orphanage and lay down. i put my hands under my head looking above me at the ceiling 

3rd person pov 

wanda was sneaking back into nats room unsure if she could sleep alone at this point but when she walked in she found the russian having a nightmare of her own. i guess they had the same effect on eachother. 

y/n lay drifting in and out of sleep as she grows more and more tired. eventually falling asleep an hour later 

a/n 

i had half this wrote yesterday dont know why i didnt finish it. o well