you cant swim?

this has taken weeks. i had no idea what to write and this does not makes sense.

the next day was all the same. me staring blankly at the trees around us the only thing i could feel was the warmth of the sun hitting my skin. i linked my hands running them down the back of my head to my neck where i rested them for a second before letting go. 

my butt was numb by this point i had been sitting here for hours. padfoot came and went as did many team members attempting to talk to me. i dont know where peter was.  he'd probably webbed himself up into some tree with his web hammocks. 

"come on honeylove we're all going swimming" wanda said putting her hands in the back pockets of her jeans and looking down at me. 

my head moved before my eyes did but as soon as i made eye contact with the sokovian i looked away the tears beginning to well in my eyes again. she knelt down and brushed her hand through my hair. 

or tried to. it was knotted from days of neglect. i didnt have the motivation to do my hair or anything really. "do i have to" i croaked, my voice horse from not speaking. 

"mhm, even peters gone to get changed. when you break this cycle you have going on things will start to get better. trust me" she stood up reaching her hand out to me. i stared at her hand for no longer than a couple of seconds before taking it and standing up. 

god it felt weird to walk with a numb arse. 

--------------------------

so here i stood at the edge of the lake wearing a pair of nats knee length board shorts with a long sleeve swim shirt. i had my arms crossed infront of me, squinting at the bright sun in my eyes. 

they had already tested the depth and it was basically a massive drop off. was this a bad time too mention i cant swim. like the only other time i have even been in the water was when i was running from nat and barnes. and only then was when i just held my breath and let the current take me. i would hardly call that swimming. just controlled floating. (ik ik just keep it for the plotb)

"come on y/n live a little, get in" steve smiled at me from where he was wadding away in the water. barnes was throwing seaweed or sea grass. i dont know. but whatever it was he was getting it thrown at him. 

"im good...thanks" i mumbled watching as more people got in swimming around. there was a small island in the middle of the lake with trees and stuff on it so thats where sam and peter were headed. 

"just come for a quick swim y/n" nat said sitting ontop of clints shoulders with a glass of wine in her hand. it was a plastic cup thankfully. but i was still uncomfortable around the alcohol so i just took a step back. 

i heard wanda say something to nat before she downed the glass and threw the cup to the side. wanda then swam over to me getting out to stand next to me. 

"why dont you go explore the island with pete and sam hm? you gotta do something different to distract your mind hun" she advised. i sighed looking away. 

"i cant really swim" i mumbled. but she herd. 

"i didnt know how to swim when i first joined the team either" she shared. attempting to convince me to get in. i was in swimmers i was prepared to go in the water but now i just cant bring myself to do it. 

i sat down on the edge letting my feet dangle in as wanda hopped back into the water. she was about to convince me to get in but then i chickened out again. "nope" i said standing up and freezing the water under my feet as i walked to the island and sat on the dry land. 

this time she let me sit for a bit and i watched as everyone messed around in the water. suddenly i herd a girly screech and at first thought nat was thrown into the water but i looked back and saw tony screaming about something touching his foot. 

i tried not to smile but it didnt work. i dropped my head to my knees thought for a second and stopped smiling. i rested my chin on my arms watching as everyone relaxed and messed around. i heard the others behind me trecking through the bush on the island. 

steve started to swim over to me this time and jumped out sitting next to me. he dripped water on me and i shuffled away not wanting to get wet. "can you be my partner for chicken wars, everyones paired and maximoff doesnt want to play" 

"whats chicken wars" i asked confused. 

"you get on someones shoulders and try to push the other person off" he said "no one gets hurt and i promise you wont drown" he added after noticing my blank expression 

"sure why not" i replied. maybe i just needed to be thrown or tackled into the water to feel something. i wasnt all to comfortable being sat on steves shoulders but ill get over it. it doesnt matter. 

the first round nat had no mercy. i was pushed off steves shoulders easily but the supersoldier didnt even falter backwards. but i was determined to win at least one round. 

----------

i have inhaled so much water i feel like i was going to throw up. but it was an even game i had one 3 times and we dont need to talk about how many i lost. 

the sun was going down and we stopped playing chicken wars deciding to go inside to warm up. by now i wouldnt say i was a strong swimmer but confident i can float and get places. i jumped out of the water feeling refreshed mentally and physically. and i felt like i could deal with everything alot better. 

"i proud of you, you did it" wanda said walking next to me and wrapping an arm around my shoulders. 

A/N  im going on a trip for 2 weeks no service so i wont  be able to update or anything like that.