dark eyes

I decide to move things around a bit. Temporarily i move the chair to next to the door and rotate the bed so its along the window/back wall in the corner. When i moved the bed i find a small cardboard box. Confused i pick it up it had weight to it but not much. I go to shake it back and forth but stop myself when i hear a soft meow. My eyes widen as i sit on the bed i put the box in front of me and look around even though i know no one is watching. I open the box and watch as the lights begins to fill the box and inside reveals a small black kitten with dark eyes. I was hesitant but pick up the small creature. Kicking the box away with my foot i hold the kitten up to the light, it's a really young weak and tiny but the fur was a rich jet black colour. I stroke my thumb down its neck watching as it purrs into the gesture.

Poking my head over the end of the bed i see no note or anything 'i guess your stuck with me' i tell it knowing it wont respond. The kitten yawns and melts stretching into my hands it curls up into a ball and i smirk to myself laying down. I put them on my chest stroking it softly as it purrs the vibrations calming.

I sit just thinking until the sun goes down i actually feel myself grow tired. Excepting my fate i close my eyes listening to the hum of new York.

Waking up from yet another nightmare i decide ive had enough sleep for tonight. Its 3am perfect time for testing my powers. My kitten im yet to name also had woken up i smile at it stroking its head before slipping it into my inside jacket pocket which would hopefully be warm. Checking on them i jump out the window down to the roof below. Once im steady i take the kitten out holding it softly in my hand rubbing its belly. Walking the rooves i admire the bright city. Going down a ladder i make it to the outskirts of the woods. I walk through the trees and over a stream until i reach the middle of the woods. There was weird stone formations around here.

I take my jacket off and make a small nest shape before lying my cat in it. It meows and lays its tiny head on the fabric watching me expectantly. I smile at them and take a couple steps back. Changeling my energy i raise the water from the ground and work to form it into shapes. Creating small daggers i turn them into ice and send them towards a near by tree. Watching as they impale the tree i grin and shoot small blasts of fire to them watching as it melts away simply leaving small holes in the bark.

3rd person pov

y/n makes a ball of water and levitates it in the air before bursting it out turning it to mist. Watching as the moonlight creates a rainbow y/n slowly turns smiling at herself.

This goes on for a while. y/n creating shapes and mists. Fire illusions everything she could think off. Taking a break she sits on top of a stone table and picks up her almost asleep kitten.

'now what should i name you'

a/n

okay ive decided to half this chapter (its only 628 wordsso i can get suggestions , so i will do a part 2 of this chapter later tonight but for now please comment on what i should name the cat because i have ideas but im always open to suggestions.