grief doesnt get eaiser

the next few days went past in a blur, we all had to leave to compound and go to a safe house because of the attack and peter and i both knew it was going to be hard to go back there after what happened. 

that takes us to now i was laying in a hammock strung up between two trees. padfoot lay on my lap sleeping peacefully, as i gently pet his fur bringing a small sense of comfort. we were in the middle of nowhere. apparently it was one of tonys lake cabins where the team sometimes would spend christmas. those who had no family to celebrate with atleast. which well was most of them. 

anyway i dont know how long i had been out here but it was ridiculously cold and i just knew i had several mozzie bites. amoung other bug bites probably. wanda tried to get me to go inside a couple hours ago for dinner but i simply said i wasnt hungry just staring at the stars. 

mj's parents were not happy about what happened. although they didnt blame the avengers mj wasnt allowed to leave their apartment for at least a week because they were scared. which was valid. 

neds family was grieving. and the day we stood outside their house to tell them the news kept repeating in my head. tony knocking on the door in front (he believed it was his fault) me and peter behind him. wanda nat and steve behind us. the look on their faces engraved in my mind. 

for what felt like the millionth time today my eyes teared up again. i wasnt even as close to him as peter was and now im not even there for peter. i dont know how he is. neither of us had spoke since that night. the most we interacted with eachother was squeezing his hand to death on the leeds doorstep. other than that. nothing. 

i had called mj the other night she was the only one to talk tho. even if there wasnt much talking it was nice to have someone there. 

wanda and nat had been there for me as well as cap. and the whole team of course but during the day if i wasnt hibernating in my room i was sitting between the two women a cup of tea in my hands. 

so i wasnt that spooked when the door to the cabin swung open and nat walked out with two cups of the steaming beverage. "come on kid, come inside and ill give you one" she bribed. 

i turned my head to look at her taking a couple breaths before swinging my legs out of the hammok and standing up being careful to not wake the sleeping animal. i stumbled at first but then followed the redhead inside. 

i looked to the old clock hung on the wall and saw it was quarter past 1 in the morning. that explains why no one else is up. i took my designated not designated spot on the couch as natasha passed me the drink. the warm cup instantly warming up my frozen fingers. 

the woman wrapped a thick blanket around me before sitting down next to me. as if on instinct i leaned my head on her shoulder and she wrapped an arm around me. i started to sip my drink with one had as the other was still petting my cat. 

nat loved padfoot, or well moony. doesnt matter the cat responds to both names at this point. if i didnt have him i could easily go to nats room and find him there getting five star cuddles. everyone thought she was allergic but i guess not. 

i finished my tea and it was now around 130 and we still hadn't shared a word. i cuddled more into the russian looking for some source of comfort for me to be able to relax, to get the voices to shut up. i closed my eyes not intending to fall asleep but i guess the lack of the latter was catching up to me and i ended up falling asleep in her arms that night. 

mOrNinG bItChEs

i woke up to a pillow under me and my cat curled around my head. i sat up making moony jump of my head to the floor. where he then calmly walked away from me. uh rude. anyway i look to my left and see the team sat around the dinning room table for breakfast which wands and sam were cooking. 

a shiver passed through me as the cold morning air blew in from the open cabin windows. damn the old man always wanting fresh air. i generated heat in my hands to create my own heater under the blanket and it was working well until wanda decided to take the blanket off me. and the warm air escaped. i snatched the blanket back wrapping it around me as she laughs and hands be a plate of scrambled eggs and toast with a cup of mango nectar juice. 

as everyone was eating peter walked down the stairs an ironman blanket wrapped around his shoulders. he jumped up on the ceiling to avoid people carefully grabbing his plate and going to sit outside. 

i picked up my stuff and followed him out feeling the stares of the team on me as i closed the door. i sat next to him on the deck chairs and we ate our breakfast in silence. 

the boy had dark bags under his eyes as his face was red from presumably crying himself to sleep that night. "i should be over it by now" he said his voice hoarse from not speaking for days. 

"it hasn't even been a week pete" i shook my head we both had tears in our eyes again. 

"i know... i know. its just. i should be so used to losing people it shouldnt be this hard still" 

a/n

its been months but i think imma start regularly updating again.