your adults right

3rd person pov pov

after hours off trying to sleep, Walking into doorframes dozing off in maths y/n was finally walking home, mj didn't trust her to walk home alone considering she would just pass out in some random alleyway, y/n didn't argue cause that's what she was considering.

'i just don't understand why im so tired' y/n complains stumbling again mj pulls her out of the way of passers by

'y/n you barely sleep, your just exhausted' mj states 'sleep as soon as you can, i don't know what its like at the orphanage but as soon and as long as you can' y/n looks hesitant. She bites her lip but eventually nods

'y-yeah ill try' she stammers. Whenever y/n trys to sleep it doesn't end well flashbacks and memories cloud her dreams, weather it's the day she was abandoned as a child or just cringy memories. Ways she was treated at orphanages all that. The most she ever got was 1-3 hours. They get to the gates. y/n slips through the gap and waves to mj who waits until she was inside the house before heading back home.

y/n pov

i walk into the main room hoping to find a snack but inside i see the owner with papers and a child and adult next to him. Well i cant call them a child their probably my age.

'ah y/l/n just the person i wanted to see, amelia here will be taking your spot in the room so i suggest you grab anything from there and show her to the room' they tell me im slightly confused on where ill sleep but it doesn't matter. I grab an apple and wave for her to follow me. So she grabs her bag and follows.

'im so sorry i don't mean to take your spot i-i can sleep on the floor' amelia apologises i was a bit shocked by this but shake my head.

'no its fine amelia you'll love casey shes in that room to and the bed comfortable' i laugh she smiles and i open the door for her to walk in

'hey y/n i didn't know you would be home so early' casey says facing away from the wall writing on her laptop. I clear my throat and she turns around

'oh my apologises, hi im casey' she reaches out her hand for amelia to shake.

'h-hi im amelia' casey laughs

'so whats up?' she directs her question to y/n

'oh amelia has my spot' y/n explains

'again i can sleep on the floor' amelia suggests

'where will you go y/n?' casey asks concerned

'i really don't know' i shrug packing up my wire animals. I put my three books under my arm grabbing the only other tank top i own and putting that around my neck. 'well adios' i do a two finger salute and walk out of the room. I walk back down to mr Wallace and he waves me to follow him.

I didn't expect he would actually give me another place to stay i thought i would be in the coal bin but no he leads me to a water damaged door at the end of the hall opening the door makes flakes of paint fall to the ground. I look around to see a single lightbulb hanging from the ceiling with a string to turn it on as well as an old stretcher bed in the corner a thin blanket thrown over the end. The most pathetic lumpy excuse of a pillow was at the other end. An old wooden chair was next to the bed in the opposite corner. On the farthest wall from the door was a small window but big enough to climb through. The room itself was about 2 meters squared small but good enough.

Mr Wallace leaves leaving me in the dark so i turn the light on. It flickers first before filling the room with a yellow glow. I sigh setting up my wire trinkets putting my books on the chair i sit back on the bed.

y/n

tin can

tin can

tin can