mjs mother

2 weeks later

y/n pov
i don't know how much longer we are going to be at this cabin but everyone was treating it like a holiday. a holiday where your stranded and cant do anything.

the boys have made a baseball bat out of a branch and found an old tennis ball for a baseball.

that's what they were doing right now. playing outside while nat, wanda, peter, tony and i all day inside.

we were playing poker and nat was scarcely good. stark was boasting about how he was the best at this game but was quickly shut down by nats tallent.

all of a sudden the boys ball comes smashing through the living room window. peters spider-senses kicked in and stopped the ball as it was 2 centimetres from my face.

cap came in to retrieve the ball and got an earful from the ladies about how that could have ended badly.

but peter and i were just staring at eachother in astonishment. his spider senses hadn't been working too well since neds death but it finally worked.

we went back to our game and if we were playing real money nat would be a millionaire. we were laughing about it about to start a new game when all of a sudden a message came through playing on the tv.

"avengers, the threat has been cleared and you are free to return back home" fury announced. i had an off feeling about the message but everyone else doesn't seem to notice it.

peter goes out to tell the boys and everyone comes in glad they can go home. to their own rooms since majority of the group had to share rooms.

since we still had the quintet here in cloaking mode we could leave whenever we were ready and since everyone was quite eager to go we were ready to leave in under an hour.

-------------

the journey was 4 hours long. i was making small snow men on an old icecream bucket lid before melting it and starting again.

i guess i had zoned out in the "snow" state because when i had zoned back in more snow had fallen around me instead of me being able to control it.

"shit" i said looking up to see if anyone had noticed and they must've as they were all looking at me. "sorry" i saïd melting it all down until it evaporated back into the air.

the air was a bit humid now but it will go away since the aircon was on. now that we were officially free to do whatever i decided to text mj.

we ended up texting for the next 2 hours since we had alot to catch up on. peter came and sat next to me playing some starwars game on his phone.

mj told me we missed neds funeral which i was disappointed about but i can't even imagine how peter will feel.

it's our fault he's dead and now we couldn't even show up to his funeral.

"pete" i whispered my voice on the urge of cracking. "we uh we missed ned's funeral" i informed him.

"what?" he said his voice also cracking. i showed him mjs message and he didn't say anything after that.

he got up walking to the small bathroom on the jet. i sighed leaning my head against the wall behind me.

i asked mj if her parents would allow me coming over once we got back and she said she'd ask.

turning my phone off i close my eyes before knowing one thing that could make me feel better. i stand up from my spot walking over to nat. she looks at me and smiles but her smile disappears when i take my kitten back.

"we can share" she says in attempt to still get cuddle time with padfoot. i crack a smile and shake my head and hear her whisper to wanda that i'm mean.

i go back to my corner and sit down cradling the sleepy kitten in my arms. he readjusts and his front two arms wrap around my arm. it's adorable.

i gently scratch his back as moony purrs loudly. nat looks over at me with a jealous expression and i just smile.

cap announces we have 30 minutes till landing making everyone buzz with energy. mj gets back to me and says her parents are fine with it.

thankful for that i get comfy and rest my eyes. i ended up taking a short nap as when i woke up i was in someone's arms standing in the elevator. 

since i had no idea who had me i freaked out and almost fell out of their arms. it was steve. when he saw i was awake he put me down and i noticed i still had padfoot in my arms so i was careful not to drop him.

10 minutes later once everyone had settled back in and stark was leading the last of the construction workers out the door with a massive tip i walked over to wanda.

"can i spend the night with mj at her place" i asked. i could tell she was hesitant because of the situation that happened a meer couple of weeks ago but she decided to let me as long as we were careful and someone drove me to and from mjs place.

"nat can you drive y/n to mjs" "ms romanoff mr stark asked if you could drive me to harley's" peter asked at the same time as wanda.

"yes yes i will drive the children" romanoff said getting up. "as long as i get to keep your cat while your away" she whispered that part to me.

"fine fine, i better get him back in one piece" i pointed a finger at her protective over my child. she held her hands up in defence and the three of us left down to the garage.

i was dropped off first as mjs house was closer. i used my key to get into their apartment and walked in seeing mjs mum making her famous lasagna.

"hey ms jones" i smiled taking a seat at the kitchen bench.

"oh hey y/n" she smiles grabbing cheese out of the fridge. "how are you" she asked giving me her attention.

"i'm okay" i lied. she gave me that motherly stare but i didnt back down.

"okay okay..." we continued talking for like half an hour. she had finished making the lasagne now and just finished making us teas when i got a call from mj.

"when are you coming," she asked sounding like she was bored out of her mind.

"i'm in your kitchen" i told her

"let me guess. talking to my mother again" she laughed and i herd her bedroom door open. and the sound of her feet on the tiles.

"mother i would appreciate it if i could have her now" she said grabbing my hand. her mum just laughed and said goodbye to me.

"i swear my mother loves you more than me" she says getting back on her bed.

"oh definitely, im her favourite after all" i smiled getting on the bed ontop of her wrapping my arms around her in a hug.